Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Looks like we have another battle brewing up.

Univision/Galavision/Telefutura

During these challenging economic times, it is important that DISH Network fights hard to keep our customer’s prices low. We continuously focus on having the lowest all digital price every day for our customers.

DISH Network and Univision are currently in contract negotiations for the future carriage of Univision programming (including Univision local and national feeds, Telefutura local and national feeds as well as Galavision). Univision is demanding contract terms that DISH Network believes are too expensive and which we are unwilling to pass along to our customers. DISH understands that Univision’s programming is important to some of our customers, but we have to make sure we secure a fair and reasonable deal that will help us control our prices in the long run. We are working diligently to enter into an agreement with them and will keep you informed as negotiations continue.

Thank you,

DISH Network

dish doesnt understand that this 3 networks are the backbone of their latino package. They cant risk to loose them

But they may not want to pay for the channels in the non-latino packages. Telefura and Univision are included in Classic Silver.

Es malo.

I can't remember the last time I even tuned in one of the latin station's to oogle the scantily clad girls.

Miner
I agree. I don't even know if I have that anymore in HD Absolute.:eek:
I say give it to the fox news guys they need it.:rolleyes::eek:

That's what I've always wanted. Another Dish Network-Programming Supplier contractual dispute!

+2, if they remove univsion, they will lose more than half their latino market to direct tv, or to FTA since u can get univision and tlefutura completely free on galaxy10r 123w..i my self will just get me the 30'dish and fire away with a cheap fta box...

There's a ton of Spanish, Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Arabic, Indian, and Pan-European programming available for free on legitimate FTA.

I don't understand why people pay D*, E*, and C* for it. (Unfortunately, Japanese is only available via FTA with a huge C-Band dish.)

Plus, in any big city, and every market in TX, CA, and the SW states, Univision, Telemundo, and Telefutura, as well as non-affiliated Spanish-language channels are available OTA, as well.

i think its a joke that dish is removing Univision, Telefutura and Galavision. they will be removed on APRIL 1st!!! April fools day.

And update to this is that these channels will be removed from Dish Network on April 2nd unless a deal can be made.

The loss of these channels on Dish Network would have a damaging effect on Dish Network which caters to a large Hispanic base.

And update to this is that these channels will be removed from Dish Network on April 2nd unless a deal can be made.

The loss of these channels on Dish Network would have a damaging effect on Dish Network which caters to a large Hispanic base.
They don't seem to care

My god.

I honestly think Charlie is running his business into the ground.

You think 80,000 subs lost last qtr was bad??

Hell, they'll lose 200,000+ this quarter if they do this.

Save us money??? Funny, my bill still went up this year!

What a bunch of crap!

My god.

I honestly think Charlie is running his business into the ground.

You think 80,000 subs lost last qtr was bad??

Hell, they'll lose 200,000+ this quarter if they do this.

Save us money??? Funny, my bill still went up this year!

What a bunch of crap!
U have it wrong..Charlie wants to MAKE money and he has been quite succesful at that!!

It's called "taking a hard line," I think. Is Univision holding firm on that $1 a subscriber fee (probably not) or is Charlie trying to be real cheap (ditto)?

Up to now, those who lost Fisher's Univision/Telefutura affiliates (BTW: FISH vs. DISH - Viewers Held Hostage, Day 103) have been seeing those networks' national feeds in their place. A double whammy is about to hit them - unless...

I understand the purpose of the hard line, but at some point, when you start losing your customers because of it, it needs to change.

Smart people choose their battles wisely, they dont fight every one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)