DISH -VS- VOOM - A Settlement has been reached!

KAB is right, I had no intention of coming across as rude, etc. It's true MONSTERSHD is exactly what you are talking about, AND it was the original reason I subscribed to Dish.

Only to get stabbed in the back by Charlie, when he decided to illegally terminate his contract with Voom, instead of doing it the proper way, and perhaps if he had done it correctly, we'd still have VOOM in some fashion.

Just because of the way it was handled, it's VERY doubtful now that anybody would attempt to resurrect or create anything to even match what MonstersHD was.

If the VOOM channels had content that could sell they would be brought back or the content folded into another channel. It appears that without a high subscriber fee the channels were not viable.

Unless they also added YES and SNY, they probably would do little to attract NYC sports fans, so why bother. Dish ceded that market long ago.

Not true. They could do the same as Directv is doing now; charging $5 for new subs to get their RSN. MSG's will give you Sabres, Rangers, Islanders and Devils (if they ever play hockey); plus the Knicks. YES gives you Yankees and Nets. SNY gives you Mets. If Dish offered me MSGs in HD for $5 a month added to my package, I would be hopping right over to get myself s Hopper. And I would certainly pay another $5 a month to get the Yankees too.

Though I get tons of HD channels on TWC and have their whole house DVR; once you are spoiled with Dish Equipment everybody else's equipment is second rate.

primestar31 said:

Only to get stabbed in the back by Charlie, when he decided to illegally terminate his contract with Voom, instead of doing it the proper way, and perhaps if he had done it correctly, we'd still have VOOM in some fashion...

What could have been the proper way?

What could have been the proper way?

I don't know, following the contract as it was written maybe, if there was a negotiation point? Bare minimum, he could have sat down with them and discussed whatever he felt was wrong, and that he wanted them to change some things. Perhaps they would have negotiated in some way if it was done nicely, but we'll never know now. Instead, he arbitrarily removed their channels, THEN apparently he said "My way, or the highway". They then chose to hold him to the contract, he said "no way", and now we are here years later, and found out 100% Dish did in fact breach the contract wrongly, not Voom, so Dish had to settle anyway.

Now we are without Voom, and a few of the channels at least would be nice to still have.

I don't know, following the contract as it was written maybe, if there was a negotiation point? Bare minimum, he could have sat down with them and discussed whatever he felt was wrong, and that he wanted them to change some things. Perhaps they would have negotiated in some way if it was done nicely, but we'll never know now. Instead, he arbitrarily removed their channels, THEN apparently he said "My way, or the highway". They then chose to hold him to the contract, he said "no way", and now we are here years later, and found out 100% Dish did in fact breach the contract wrongly, not Voom, so Dish had to settle anyway.

Now we are without Voom, and a few of the channels at least would be nice to still have.
You seem to have conveniently forgotten that Charlie wanted to keep about 4 channels deemed worthy (including Monsters and Rave) based on viewer-ship. But they said all or nothing. RIP!

Last edited:
You seem to have conveniently forgotten that Charlie wanted to keep about 4 channels deemed worthy (including Monsters and Rave) based on viewer-ship. But they said all or nothing. RIP!

I forgot nothing. Charlie demanded that (it was 5 channels I believe) after he already had pulled the channels off of Dish, and Voom was panicking, and simply demanded he adhere to the contract he signed. It was a negotiation point, and Charlie didn't agree.

I'm done talking about this, jacmyoung asked the question, and I simply answered what I believe to be true. It's still upsetting too many people. Dish was in the wrong, Voom was proven to be in the right, as proven by the court battle results. No more from me, this is my final word on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)