DISH Wants to get rid of me, why?

david803sc

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 5, 2007
"Below is an email i sent to ceo@echostar.com"

I have two 622 Receivers and my account is open and active, these are the only 2 receivers I have possession of and again both are active, but last week, I received a phone call stating that since I canceled my account I must return my receivers or be billed $1,000.00 for the equipment, I figured it was a mistake, than today I received 3 boxes from UPS, the boxes came with a note that my receivers are DISH property and DISH wants them back, or I will be billed $1,000. They even sent me directions on how to remove the LNB from the DISH and it says they want that back too.

Do you really want me to switch to DirecTV that badly?

Thanks,

David

Last edited:
It sounds like a mistake. Sometimes we have had customers who have had a 2nd rec at their cabin hook it up to a phone line and allowing Dish Network to audit the receiver. They usually just shut it off forcing you to call and then they tell you why.

I m handling the situation by emailing DISH, I am sure they will get back to me, I posted it becuase I though others would find this interesting, it is an obvious mistake and a pretty serious one, especially if my next bill includes a $1000 charge on it, besides I have always found DISH customer service to be poor, if my experience I posted helps someone else or helps DISH correct whatever went wrong so this does not happen to another customer than my posting is worthwhile, if you feel differently well sorry, are we supposed to all smile and say DISH ever makes a mistake, and if they do are we not allowed to discuss it?

Anyway no X or anything I live by myself I have logged into my account on the DISH network website and everything is ok with my account on there and it is paid to date.

I am sure this will be resolved and when it does i will update everyone.

Laff, we do this kind of stuff all the time to each other at work! Great practical joke! :)

Seriously, seems like another dish CS screwup. When I had dish, I got screwups in my favor and some against. They did turn off a receiver once cause they said I called in and did it (which I did not)

I would not worry about it unless your service is physically disconnected on both receivers.

Back in May when I had the audit natzies harrass me they too send me boxes to send back the equipment.

The funny thing is, if you actually needed the boxes you wouldn't get them.

There is a new policy in the corporate world.
If a customer is a continuing pain in the ass, just fire him.
Maybe you are getting fired. (lol)

The random number generator, which selects the customer of the day to piss off, came up with your customer number.

I've been with E* for 10+ years now. My number came up twice along the way.

"Below is an email i sent to ceo@echostar.com"

I have two 622 Receivers and my account is open and active, these are the only 2 receivers I have possession of and again both are active, but last week, I received a phone call stating that since I canceled my account I must return my receivers or be billed $1,000.00 for the equipment, I figured it was a mistake, than today I received 3 boxes from UPS, the boxes came with a note that my receivers are DISH property and DISH wants them back, or I will be billed $1,000. They even sent me directions on how to remove the LNB from the DISH and it says they want that back too.

Do you really want me to switch to DirecTV that badly?

Thanks,

David

Don't e-mail us, call us right away. I've never seen an account disconnected by mistake. Had you recently upgraded equipment? Are both rcvr located in the same home? I would just call us for the quickest solution, ask for technical support.

That makes you inexperienced and sheltered, not knowledgable...

Well, I should restate that then. There is always a reason for a disconnect, there is always a note on the account showing how it was disconnected. It could of be an auto disconnect, sometimes the system will disconnect an account. If you call in they would be able to tell you what happened. I've never seen an account disconnected without any notation at all on the account. But after several years there is a first time for everything. By all means e-mail as well, but the point is to have more than one line of communication open. Sometimes e-mails are not responded to.

I m handling the situation by emailing DISH, I am sure they will get back to me, I posted it becuase I though others would find this interesting, it is an obvious mistake and a pretty serious one, especially if my next bill includes a $1000 charge on it, besides I have always found DISH customer service to be poor, if my experience I posted helps someone else or helps DISH correct whatever went wrong so this does not happen to another customer than my posting is worthwhile, if you feel differently well sorry, are we supposed to all smile and say DISH ever makes a mistake, and if they do are we not allowed to discuss it?

Anyway no X or anything I live by myself I have logged into my account on the DISH network website and everything is ok with my account on there and it is paid to date.

I am sure this will be resolved and when it does i will update everyone.
Chances are slim you are going to get this resolved via email. Also, your email really wasn't all that clear. Your chances are far better if you pick-up the phone, otherwise, you will get a $1000 charge on your bill and have mostly yourself to blame. Handle this one right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)