Dish website package listing snafu - fixed.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BFG

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 2, 2004
Orlando
espn no more?

so i noticed on dish's website as well as their buisness partner website ESPN 1 and ESPN 2 are missing from AT60/120/180. ESPN Classic is still there but 1 and 2 are gone. I contacted a Dish CSR to see what is going on. She said that they are not part of the package anymore but you can add them ala carte for 3.25 per channel, is this true??

I hope I'm mistaken but they are using the old programming packages files. It's probably just an error when they switched to their new website.

AT 50 for AT 60,
AT 100 for AT 120,
AT 150 for AT 180.

no, the directory names never changed they just changed the name

Here's the 27 channels omitted:

Comedy Central
E! Entertainment Television
Lifetime
Sci-Fi Channel
Spike TV
TNT
USA Network
CNBC
CNN
Headline News
The Weather Channel
ABC Family
Cartoon Network
Disney Channel (East)
Nickelodeon / Nick at Night (East)
Nickelodeon / Nick at Nite (West)
TV Land
ESPN
ESPN2
ESPNews
Discovery Channel
Food Network
The Learning Channel
Country Music Television
MTV
MTV2
VH1

The only channels affected are ones that start in AT60.

Any channels that are added to AT120 and AT180 are fine.

And the group of channels missing is kinda odd

breathe said:
so i noticed on dish's website as well as their buisness partner website ESPN 1 and ESPN 2 are missing from AT60/120/180. ESPN Classic is still there but 1 and 2 are gone. I contacted a Dish CSR to see what is going on. She said that they are not part of the package anymore but you can add them ala carte for 3.25 per channel, is this true??

I know E* is in negociations with ESPN over ESPNU. D* already carries all of the ESPN's and it sounds like the negociations are turning into arm twisting. This seems to be common with E*.

If they take these channels away I'm afraid I'm going to have to move to DirectTV or worse back to cable. I will miss the superstation package and I just bought a 721 not too long ago so that would suck but I'm not paying that much extra for ESPN unless they lower the bill to where teh price lets me pay for all those channels and still be at the same or under what I'm paying now. Plus D does have ESPNU which I would like that Dish wont add. I really would like to keep Dish though so hopefully this is just a Typo.

Ok I wondered how this thing got to be 2 pages I didn't think it was a minute ago but they are the same and should be merged.

Wow A CSR really had an answer for why ESPN was not listed and it was because it will be ala carte for 3.25?

That's pretty akward that a CSR has that knowledge I sure hope it's not true, or they better be reducing the price of the AT packs a lot!!!

But what about the 25 other non sports channels? Will those be rolled into an alacarte service as well?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts