Dish Will Spend $1B on First Phase of Wireless Buildout

bought Lever3

So Layer3 TV is reselling Verzion Fios lol. Wonder how long that's going to last since tmobile bought them?

Screen Shot of pricing.

Attachments

• layer3.jpg
    layer3.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 223
Reactions: MikeD-C05
He got Blockbuster and gutted it, exactly as he intended. He just didn’t continue it like many wished for.

There’s a thread here somewhere showing how he came out ahead on that deal.

He knows that.

He got Blockbuster and gutted it, exactly as he intended. He just didn’t continue it like many wished for.

There’s a thread here somewhere showing how he came out ahead on that deal.
If that is true, why didnt he wait for them to go bankrupt, then buy it for pennies on the dollar?

Reactions: MitchDeerfield
in 2 years?
heck vzw, att, ect cant do it that fast and they all have towers, and fiver back hauls in place to provide the internet. 5g is still in testing, is there even a standard?
Verizon, which already has towers, etc., has committed $20 billion for 5g. They plan to introduce 5g in 5 markets later in 2018. $1 Billion may sound like a lot, but starting from scratch, sounds like a pipe dream. That 70% of the nation is thrown around by companies that have nationwide coverage quite often. The only way I see a billion dollars coming close to meeting the stated goal is for Dish to partner with another provider who has equipment in place, offering any licenses they have for bandwidth along with the money to share towers etc.

ATT has also announced 5G service plans for 2018. This would be a 4 GBPS internet. Delivery is wireless to a radio antenna at your home wired to a router in your house. It would allow downloading a 100 gig 4K movie in less than 4 minutes. It would also have the speeds to run auto driving systems. The big cities will get it first. In the 4G technology case it took about 4 years to get it to smaller cities and another couple years to get to rural America.

Reactions: littlecloud319
Verizon, which already has towers, etc., has committed $20 billion for 5g. They plan to introduce 5g in 5 markets later in 2018. $1 Billion may sound like a lot, but starting from scratch, sounds like a pipe dream. That 70% of the nation is thrown around by companies that have nationwide coverage quite often. The only way I see a billion dollars coming close to meeting the stated goal is for Dish to partner with another provider who has equipment in place, offering any licenses they have for bandwidth along with the money to share towers etc.
Verizon is going to hang 5g antennas on telephone polls

ATT has also announced 5G service plans for 2018. This would be a 4 GBPS internet. Delivery is wireless to a radio antenna at your home wired to a router in your house. It would allow downloading a 100 gig 4K movie in less than 4 minutes. It would also have the speeds to run auto driving systems. The big cities will get it first. In the 4G technology case it took about 4 years to get it to smaller cities and another couple years to get to rural America.

I’m sure that prediction will be every bit as accurate as previous predictions....

#1 As far as blockbuster was concerned. The whole point of buying them was to provide a DVD by mail service similar to what Netflix was doing and to open Dish Network stores similar to what you see with Comcast and the cable providers.

The issue was that DVD by mail was a dying service, and the streaming service offered by blockbuster at the time was a joke at best.

#2 As far as Dish networks wireless licenses, this is something they should have launched in 2012, NOT 2019. A billion dollars is really nothing when it comes to building out a 5G Network.

Granted Data is great, but cell service is a natural complement to any data service. If they don’t do cellular, they are idiots.

I think Dish doing anything with wireless is a farce. I thinking they are waiting for Sprint, Verizon or T-Mobile to start getting worried in hopes they will partner with someone.

The only issue with Dish is their track record stinks. Let me see, Rupert Murdoch, Microsoft, AT&T and many other partnerships Dish has entered into where short lived and ended in disaster. They can’t even get along with the programmers.

The writing on is on the wall for Dish.

The wireless buildout should have started 8 years ago.

Even if Dish got their wireless built out, they are only going to be able to effectively sell in areas that are under served. ATT has been going on a rampage installing fiber to all their territories. Once fiber comes to town, it’s game over for Dish.

Cell ? You are going old school who actually talks or answers the phone anymore. Dish is forward thinking on this . Pretty much Everything in the near future is going to be connected one way or another to the internet. That’s why they are building this internet of things service. It’s going to bring in billions even if they just lease it out .Its nice att is burying fiber everywhere but I can’t drag it around town with me it’s pretty much stationary.

Reactions: ChadT41

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)