Dish wiring question

avallk

Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
Help! We had our roof replaced and moved the two Dish 500 units to soffit mounts. We had a tech come out yesterday to repoint them. One was not problem, the other he said there was now a tree in the way. Mind you the dish was moved maybe 2 feet to the east. But that is not the problem. I moved that soffit mount so that it is now higher/futher away from the tree "obstruction". The problem that I have is the tech did not reconnect the 110/119 dish cables. He left it totally disconnected. The transponder (if that's what you call it) was laying on the roof with three coax cables hanging in the air - not in the arm of the dish. He said that I 'should be able to figure out how to connect them back up.' Can anyone tell me how the cables should be connected to which ports? There is one cable coming from the 61.5 dish to the 110/119. There are 3 ports on the 110/119 dish, two to one side and one on the other. We have 2 cables running down the side of the house.

Thank you soooo much in advance.

The transponder you call is a LNB.

Take the line from your 61.5 dish, the one with the single cable coming out of it, and plug that into the DPP Twin (the two-eye LNB) on your 119/110 dish.

If your looking at the DPP Twin, you'll see on the left side two ports that are right next to each other and on the right a single port by itself. Connect the line from the 61.5 dish to the port by itself. Then connect your other two lines to the other two ports, no specific order.

That worked great! :D Thanks!!! Now I just have to get dish out here to realign the 110/119 unit. I pointed it at where I thought it should be (from dishpointer.com), but no luck. :(

Again, thanks! At least I have HD channels now.

That worked great! :D Thanks!!! Now I just have to get dish out here to realign the 110/119 unit. I pointed it at where I thought it should be (from dishpointer.com), but no luck. :(

Again, thanks! At least I have HD channels now.

this takes a little more work.....

things you will need:

1.) Someone to yell out numbers to you from the TV inside
2.) A wrench (or socket) I forget what size... its standard though
3.) a compass if you have one.

Sound like you know where to look to get the azimuth and declination.....

now point your dish in the generaly direction.

Now have your helper turn on the TV and go to the point dish screen... and have them start calling out the signal strength to you (cell phones & headsets help).

You need to move the dish slowly from left to right until you get a signal, and your helper confirms that it's the sattelite you are looking for. Once you get a signal...VERY slowly move it left and right until you get the highest signal... then tighten the nuts..

Now set the loosen the screws that set the up/down movement... again moving it slowly find the highest signal you can my moving it very slowly. You're skew should be set as recommended by dish's guide. (but if you want to try messing with that too.. you can try it too.

Make sure you check signal on both 110 and 119

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)