Please reply by conversation.

shanklej

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 26, 2013
Ocala fl
10-21-2016
equipment: LinkBox 9000i, Titanium Asc1, Actura Ventura 24" Maxi
The Actura was bought in 2010 and has had light use.
The Asc1 was bought in 2016.

I have been having trouble when I change sats. Dish seems to have a
will of it's own. I have been getting a message on the Titanium Asc1 as
follows: Reach w/e limit, limit switch? senser?, motor blocked? and
Press ok to return. This can happen between 58w and 116w. So I
ran the dish to 58w and a couple of clicks past that and did a soft
reset. NOW the dish won't move.
I'm no electronics expert and do not have the knowledge to set hardware
limits. So I set software limits. Been running a dish a long time and
know how not to go past the limits.
At this point I do not know if it is an Actura or an Asc1 problem or both.
Thanks for any help.

Did you set up limits in the ASC1? Might try removing limits in the ASC1; main menu, system reset, reset soft limit.
Some receivers seem to "program" in soft limits when blind-scanning for some reason.
If you have already done the above, check your cables and connections between the ASC1 and motor.
Then check sensor.
Brian (Ti) will likely respond and give you some expert support once he's up (west coast). :)

Reactions: Titanium
If soft limits were inadvertently set, you would be getting a different message.
Are you still getting the error on the screen: Reach w/e limit, limit switch? sensor?, motor blocked?
If that is the message you are getting all of a sudden and you just moved the dish, before a reset...I would suspect the motor has quit or the actuator is binding up.
That message means the ASC1 is not receiving pulses from the actuator letting it know the dish is moving.
Double check all wiring. If still no go, take a car battery or something similar out to the dish and see if you can manually get the dish to move. Disconnect the motor wires coming back to the ASC1 before attempting this.

Reactions: Titanium
10-21-2016
Thanks guys for helping.
I got the dish to move. My guess is I had the software limits goofed up.
How did I fix that, I have no idea. The West software limit is at Galaxy 23w.
I have the Titanium ASC1 and have no idea how to set the East limit.
I have the manual and cannot figure it out so far. Will keep trying.

To correct a software limit error, enter the system reset menu and reset the soft limit, then save.

To set an east or west software limit, drive the dish to the position that you wish to save as the end of the motor movement. Press the menu button on the ASC1 remote (U-turn arrow at the bottom right) to enter the main menu. Press the down arrow to select Soft Limits Set and press OK. Press the down arrow to select either the East or west limit and press OK. East or West Limits Saved will momentarily confirm the action at the top of the display. Press the down arrow to select Quit then press OK. Repeat on the opposite end of the motor range.

Reactions: Cham
Thank you for responding Brian.
The East software limit got set to around amc9 (approx -290). I can't drive the dish
any further East than that. I've tried for hours trying to get into the System Reset limits window.
Guess what I'm saying is I need to clear the East software limit before I can drive the dish
to 58W. I have read page 10 in the ASC1 manual and don't understand it obviously.

Also check page 11.

To delete the software limits:

Press the menu button on the ASC1 remote (U-turn arrow at the bottom right) to enter the main menu. Press the down arrow to select System Reset and press OK. Press the down arrow to select Soft Limit Reset and press OK. Press OK a send time within 3 seconds to confirm software limit deletion. "Soft Limit Reset! will be displayed to indicate that the East and West software limits were deleted.

Reactions: KE4EST
Thanks Brian.
I don't see how you have the patience to put up with dummies like me.
I know I will forget how to do this in a week so I printed off your latest
instructions.
I GOT IT TO WORK !!!!!:)

Reactions: KE4EST
LOL... You certainly are not a dummy and I do believe that I may have been born with an extra patience gene!

Sometimes instructions need to be explained in another way to make sense. Glad to hear that you were successful! :)

Reactions: T4Runner
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)