Dish won't ship upgrade 625s?

catnap1972

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 26, 2004
Central Pennsylvania
According to the CSR I spoke to tonight, they have to be installed--they won't ship them out to the customer ("computer won't let us"). I could understand with an HD receiver, but what's so special about the SD DVRs all of a sudden? Kind of silly for a tech to come out when all he has to do is unplug a couple of receivers/cables and swap this in (which is all he/she has to do--both of my old receivers are hooked up to the living room TV--wiring's already there for 2 boxes/dual box)

Did they change the policy lately (if so, the DIU page doesn't show it--can ship or have pro install...same price)

Yeah its pretty messed up but I can see why Dish does it. I wanted a DIU 722 but they wont ship it so I said keep it then. In their defense you are right Dave, 99% of customers would set it where the old receiver was and then bitch why it doesnt work. Then comes the TC, then the pissed off cust, and the famous "If it doesnt work today Im canceling". Ill stop now, im reminded too much why I got the #*(# out of this business!

Thats exactly why they do it. remember years ago when Dish and Direct sold the dish and receiver and all in stores like Wal-Mart Etc. now they don't thats why too many many hooking things up wrong.

Yeah I remember I was one of them. Bought a D500 from costco and had it up and going on the second try. Didnt realize it was that critical to get the mass perfectly level. Anyways, I took it upon myself to learn and not bitch about everything, used correct cable etc. My install was better than anything E* would have installed in a apartment. Later I became a DNS tech because the technology interested me. That ended quickly due to all the bitching and moaning and freebie grabbing customers. What happened to the go getters and thinkers this country was founded on?

Do you have a dish pro plus LNB??

If not the tech will have to put a new LNB on your dish.

But is it required? Already have two connections going into the living room (legacy dual LNBx2 Dish 500 feeding into 2 SW21s which I'd assume is still supported, albeit not as "pretty" as the more recent setups) so I'd have figured all the installer would need to do is disconnect both old boxes and just plug everything back into the 522/625.

Nope, the tech will have to put a Dish Pro Plus LNB on and take out the 21 switches as 625's will only run off of a Dish Pro Plus Switch or LNB.

...625's will only run off of a Dish Pro Plus Switch or LNB.
You better be wrong on that, because I just bought a refurbished 625 and intend to hook it up as shown on P130 (Chapter 4) of the user's guide. It says nothing about DishPro Plus. On the other hand (and this is for the OP), it does mention on other pages all-legacy installations. The back panel clearly shows two voltage levels 13/18V. DishPro doesn't use the lower voltage level to switch polarization at all. Instead it bandstacks both polarizations simultaneously on one coax.

Well you're gonna be upset.

If you have a Dish Pro Twin, Quad or a Dish Pro 34 Switch you can use them, but you have to run two lines to sat input 1 and input 2.

Otherwise, you're out of luck as legacy will not work on it at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)