$#@!% Dish

I don't see that as possible..There is a Dish Network Service office in Middletown.
I should know, I almost took a management position there. Spoke to the GM on the phone. Call dish and set a up a service call.

Do you have a number for them? Dish Network gave us three numbers to calll--the two Frontier numbers in Monroe and Middletown are no longer in service. The number for Advance Satellite in Middletown, (845) 342-0808 is no longer a working number either.

A Dish Network supervisor, Bobby, said on Sturday he would send an e-mail to the dispatcher for this area (he didn't have any way to call him {?})and have someone call us; but we got no calls Sat, Sun, Mon and now Tues.

Direct TV might be better? I don't think Dish gives a rip that we've been customers with them for lo these many, many years.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

B Van

I travel al over US, does anyone have any sugestions about an easy dish set up, I'm in a travel trailer using 301 receivers,with a quad LNB,what kind of meter,orsite compass?

When we are saying point dish screen we are not talking about the results from the check switch. That will only show what sats you are receiving signal from. The point dish screen is the screen that shows the signal strength. If you press menu 6-1-1 there is a box that says satellite. Scroll to the 119. It will be there. If you have no signal then you either have a tree ptoblem or the dish is out of allignment. Even if there was drift it would show the 119 in the check switch result. You need a service call. 1-800-333-3474.

I travel al over US, does anyone have any sugestions about an easy dish set up, I'm in a travel trailer using 301 receivers,with a quad LNB,what kind of meter,orsite compass?
if you know how to use the point dish menu.......Menu 6-1-1....you won't need a meter. A compass will do just fine. Use the afternoon sun to guide you. Set your dish, key in the zip code of your location, use a 7/16th wrench to adjust the skew and elevation. Open a window and crank the volume on your tv. Then S-L-O-W-L-Y move the dish left or right. Once you hear the tone change on the tv move the dish even slower. Once the signal strength reaches the max, tighten the nuts on the dish clamp bolts. You're ready to go...It's that simple.

when i became a member of AAA, they offered a free class at a local office to teach how to check oil, tire pressure, and how to change a spare. i didnt need it, but sent the girlfriend instead who might learn from someone a little more patient then me, and she did. i wonder if there was a simple seminar on satellite, maybe even include A/V basics if it would grab attention. i know at the local tackle shop i use they have a meeting once a week where customers can come in and learn about some new technique and or product. even the shop i buy my microbrew ingredients has a meeting once a week. well, all that happens there is mass consumption of homebrew. sounds like something a smaller electronics dealer could do now and then, and perhaps invite a local sat retailer in and even make a few sales or upgrades. teach the customer the importance of signal path as well as different cabling options and it might just open their wallets to buy new toys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)