DISH1000 signal Pacific Northwest

Well I spent the afternoon doing a re-install on my Dish 1000 and now my signal levels on 129 are in the mid 60's to low 70's about a 10 point increase. So far I have not had any drop outs or freeze up's so I hope the increase in signal will be enough to keep lock during rain storms we will see. I think I'm going to take a Dish 300 I have sitting in the garage and see if I can bring the signal up any further as I did find I needed to pull away a slight bit on 119 to get the best signal on 129. One thing for sure Dish Network Techs will never set there feet on my roof or in my house again there is absolutly no excuse for the mess that they left on my roof.

Theres been a problem reported with a DPP lnb thats sensitive to heat

Its a known issue

long_time_DNC said:
I get 129 in the low-mid 60's, which is usually "acceptable". There are times when I get digital freeze or artifacting on the Voom channels, but only during heavy rains. So, January wasn't a lot of fun, but February has been fine thusfar.

It's been a real dry February. I recorded an HBOHD movie last week on the 942, replayed it last night and experienced slight pixelation but lots of audio drop replayed in 5.1 through the toslink. I am very dissapointed in this but it probably is the receiver and not the signal, I had to reboot yesterday due to horizontal red lines, another recent "feature" with the 942.

Rain is to return tonight and hang around all next week.

Yep, February has been fairly dry. I have Open Range on my 942 that I recorded off of HDNet Movies a few months back and it's great to watch it occasionally. I don't have any problem with HBOHD...recorded and watched Runaway Jury yesterday. Picture was fine, as was the 5.1 audio via toslink. I've never seen the horizontal red lines either.

I'm watching U.S. Marshals on TNT-HD as I type this and other than them using panorama mode in wide panning shots (gives the film the fish-eye lenes look), which is annoying, it looks and sounds fine. I wish they were showing it in true HD instead of pano mode though.

long_time_DNC said:
Yep, February has been fairly dry. I have Open Range on my 942 that I recorded off of HDNet Movies a few months back and it's great to watch it occasionally. I don't have any problem with HBOHD...recorded and watched Runaway Jury yesterday. Picture was fine, as was the 5.1 audio via toslink. I've never seen the horizontal red lines either.

I'm watching U.S. Marshals on TNT-HD as I type this and other than them using panorama mode in wide panning shots (gives the film the fish-eye lenes look), which is annoying, it looks and sounds fine. I wish they were showing it in true HD instead of pano mode though.

Them lines might have been green. :confused: This has happened on several occasions of late. I wonder if there is a way to "pick" which tuner records with the 942??

downriver said:
Them lines might have been green. :confused: This has happened on several occasions of late. I wonder if there is a way to "pick" which tuner records with the 942??
Hm... :confused: No green lines either... I've never tried seeing if there is a way to select which tuner records in the background. I've just always let it record from the second tuner while I'm watching something else...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)