Dish300/500 vs. SuperDish

Wajih

Original poster
May 29, 2004
Hello, I have two dishes with DishPro LNBs work on 110 and 119 satellites. Dishnetwork has recently added few channels to the 121 satellite and told me that I need to buy SuperDish system in order to be able to recieve those new channels.

I made a little research on the Internet and wasn't convinced that I really need to buy a SuperDish with tri-LNBs.

I lean to believe that I can change my current setup into the following configuration:
1. A dish pointing at 110 satellite with the Twin DishPro LNB
2. A dish pointing at 121 satellite with the single DishPro LNB
3. Connect both of them with DP21 switch.

What do you think? Would this work? A friend of mine said this won't work because my LNB work for the Circular polarization while I need a linear polarized LNB... This doesn't sound rigth to me, do you agree? Please let me know.

- Wajih

Doesn't a Dish500 "see" both 110' and 119' already ?? If so, what's the other dish pointed at ?? 61.5' or 148' ??

As I understand it, the Dish 300 only could see (1) satellite, be it the 110' or 119'. The Dish500 could see (2), 110' *and* 119'.

Wajih said:
Hello, I have two dishes with DishPro LNBs work on 110 and 119 satellites. Dishnetwork has recently added few channels to the 121 satellite and told me that I need to buy SuperDish system in order to be able to recieve those new channels.

I made a little research on the Internet and wasn't convinced that I really need to buy a SuperDish with tri-LNBs.

I lean to believe that I can change my current setup into the following configuration:
1. A dish pointing at 110 satellite with the Twin DishPro LNB
2. A dish pointing at 121 satellite with the single DishPro LNB
3. Connect both of them with DP21 switch.

What do you think? Would this work? A friend of mine said this won't work because my LNB work for the Circular polarization while I need a linear polarized LNB... This doesn't sound rigth to me, do you agree? Please let me know.

- Wajih

Your friend is right about the LNBs. In addition, a Dish500 is not big enough to receive the signal from the 121 satellite location since it is a lowered powered KU-FSS band satellite as opposed to the DBS band higher powered satellites at 110 and 119.

If you are going to do the hillbilly Superdish (homemade, prro mans, whatever you want to call it), you need
-30" or larger dish
-KU LNBF
Easiest thing if you have one receiver is swap the LNB on the one dish to a Legacy Twin and combine them with a SW21

That's what I did a while back and it works fine :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)