Dishanywhere on TV?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jerrym303

Original poster
Oct 10, 2017
CO
Hi,

I would like to take recordings on vacation to watch in the condo we rent. I successfully transferred several test programs to my iphone and got them to play well. The problem is getting them to the TV. I saw in an early 2018 thread that Dish ahd disabled the ability to connect to the TV via HDMI. I tried it with a lightning to HDMI cable and sure enough I got the message "You cannot watch video while the screen is being captured". The lightning to HDMI adapter works fine for non-Dish content.

Does anyone know if a Android tablet could cast or connect via HDMI and play Dishanywhere? Buying a cheap Android tablet is not out of the question as many support microSD cards that could hold a lot of content.

Thanks

Jerry

Hi,

I would like to take recordings on vacation to watch in the condo we rent. I successfully transferred several test programs to my iphone and got them to play well. The problem is getting them to the TV. I saw in an early 2018 thread that Dish ahd disabled the ability to connect to the TV via HDMI. I tried it with a lightning to HDMI cable and sure enough I got the message "You cannot watch video while the screen is being captured". The lightning to HDMI adapter works fine for non-Dish content.

Does anyone know if a Android tablet could cast or connect via HDMI and play Dishanywhere? Buying a cheap Android tablet is not out of the question as many support microSD cards that could hold a lot of content.

Thanks

Jerry
I don't have one of these, but maybe....https://my.dish.com/hoppergo

Reactions: HipKat
Do you have decent wifi at your condo? If so, why not just get a FireTV stick with which you can get the Dishanywhere app? You can watch any movie that is on your Hopper hard drive, not to mention your home TV stations.

The internet service is shared among the condos and streaming won't work at night. The wifi within the condo is probably OK.

I have seen mixed comments about dishanywhere working with the firestick and Amazon making things difficult.

I do plan to try out an Android tablet with chromecast, but wanted to see if people had experience with that setup recently.

Discussions prior to about 3/2018 don't help as apparently that is when Dish cut back TV access at least via HDMI and maybe casting - that is my what question is on.

Regarding the Hoppergo, it still needs to get to the TV somehow. The Hoppergo just gets me as far as the tablet.

We're using DishAnywhere on our Firestick connected TV right now to watch programming from the H2 at our upstate NY cottage while sitting in our motorhome in southern Pennsylvania. We had some buffering using our Verizon hotspot, but switching to our AT&T hotspot cleared it right up. A speed test shows that AT&T is faster here than Verizon. DA though, has been seamless since the last round of fixes.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I have DishAnywhere installed on the Firestick. No need to cast to use it. I do cast other programming to the Firestick though from my Android phone or laptop using Google Home or ChromeCast...

Reactions: charlesrshell