DISHANYWHERE Problem (Again)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

George Strickroth

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 28, 2014
I have had this happen in the past, and it somehow resolved itself, but I never did find what the actual problem was.

Dishanywhere is not connecting to my Receiver (Hopper 3), on either my Windows 8.1 or my Windows 10 computers. It shows "connecteed to Null.

Dishanywhere shows the correct Receiver ID, but under Devices shows the rotating circle (trying to connect).

I can view programs via my Mobile (Galaxy S8+) using WIFI connected to the router to which the Hopper is connected.

I have:
Rebooted the Hopper (many times)
Rebooted the Router (many times)
Rebooted the computers (many times)
Cleared all "dish" cookies
Deleted all Cached Pages in the computers
Checked the Router, and it shows the Hopper connection (192.168.0.27)
Ensured there is a Firewall Rule (both in and out bound) for dishanywhereplayer.com

Of note, the Hopper MAC address is associated with 3 different IP Addresses. The 0.27 address is the one which shows on the Hopper Diagnostics screen however.

Any help or suggestions welcome. I've run out of ideas.

RodeoGeorge

I have had this happen in the past, and it somehow resolved itself, but I never did find what the actual problem was.

Dishanywhere is not connecting to my Receiver (Hopper 3), on either my Windows 8.1 or my Windows 10 computers. It shows "connecteed to Null.

Dishanywhere shows the correct Receiver ID, but under Devices shows the rotating circle (trying to connect).

I can view programs via my Mobile (Galaxy S8+) using WIFI connected to the router to which the Hopper is connected.

I have:
Rebooted the Hopper (many times)
Rebooted the Router (many times)
Rebooted the computers (many times)
Cleared all "dish" cookies
Deleted all Cached Pages in the computers
Checked the Router, and it shows the Hopper connection (192.168.0.27)
Ensured there is a Firewall Rule (both in and out bound) for dishanywhereplayer.com

Of note, the Hopper MAC address is associated with 3 different IP Addresses. The 0.27 address is the one which shows on the Hopper Diagnostics screen however.

Any help or suggestions welcome. I've run out of ideas.

RodeoGeorge

What browsers are you using to access the DISH Anywhere site on the Windows 8.1 and 10 computers? - Jasmine D.

George, in your first post, the things you have already tried are the correct approach in trying to fix your problem. I would also try dennispap's suggestion to log out and then log in.

In the past I have experienced the same problem, and sometimes, one of the things mentioned above fixes the problem, but sometimes it is Dish's problem and you just have to wait a while for the problem to magically disappear.

Thanks for the input and suggestions.

In addition to what I stated that I tried in the first post, I have now (based on the suggestions):

Logged out and back in
Tried Chrome, Internet Explorer (Ver 11), and Edge

Guess it's the waiting game.

RodeoGeorge

Mine is screwed also. If I click Live TV, the player opens and plays whatever is on my Hopper,. BUT that's ALL I can do. If I click on Guide or DVR, I get the Hopper not connected error and it is most certainly connected

Thanks for the input and suggestions.

In addition to what I stated that I tried in the first post, I have now (based on the suggestions):

Logged out and back in
Tried Chrome, Internet Explorer (Ver 11), and Edge

Guess it's the waiting game.

RodeoGeorge

Thanks! It looks like you have tried just about everything that we would have suggested to get this working like it should with no success. We certainly would love to look further into what could be causing this issue, and if we do determine it's software related, which it sound like it might be, we will start a ticket with our Engineering Team.

I would like to confirm a bit of information with you real quick. Since we do recommend Google Chrome when using DISH Anywhere, I will be focusing on that for now. DISH Anywhere works best with the browser being at least software version 75. Can you tell me what version your browser is please? If you're not sure how to check that, you can access that information by clicking your Menu > Help > About Google Chrome. - Caleb S

Reactions: charlesrshell
Thanks! It looks like you have tried just about everything that we would have suggested to get this working like it should with no success. We certainly would love to look further into what could be causing this issue, and if we do determine it's software related, which it sound like it might be, we will start a ticket with our Engineering Team.

I would like to confirm a bit of information with you real quick. Since we do recommend Google Chrome when using DISH Anywhere, I will be focusing on that for now. DISH Anywhere works best with the browser being at least software version 75. Can you tell me what version your browser is please? If you're not sure how to check that, you can access that information by clicking your Menu > Help > About Google Chrome. - Caleb S

My Chrome Version is:

Version 76.0.3809.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Let me add one other thing.

In Dishanywhere, when I open the Account and Devices, the serial number of my Hopper does appear, and under it the rotating circle indicating that it is trying to connect to the Receiver.

The Receiver "Rxxxxxxxxx" also appears at the bottom of the page, but the preceding dot never turns Green.

RodeoGeorge

Let me add one other thing.

In Dishanywhere, when I open the Account and Devices, the serial number of my Hopper does appear, and under it the rotating circle indicating that it is trying to connect to the Receiver.

The Receiver "Rxxxxxxxxx" also appears at the bottom of the page, but the preceding dot never turns Green.

RodeoGeorge

Thank you, George, for that information. I have submitted that to our Engineering team so they know what's happening when you look at the Account and devices tab. When you check the connectivity on the Hopper itself, does it show that it connected to the Internet, and what download speed is it getting? To check the download speed that the Hopper is getting, if you have a 40.0 remote, please press the MENU button twice, go to status, send status, test connection.

If you have a 50.0, 52.0 or 54.X, please press the Home button 3 times from live TV, go to status, send status, then test connection. -- Jake B

Reactions: charlesrshell
Thank you, George, for that information. I have submitted that to our Engineering team so they know what's happening when you look at the Account and devices tab. When you check the connectivity on the Hopper itself, does it show that it connected to the Internet, and what download speed is it getting? To check the download speed that the Hopper is getting, if you have a 40.0 remote, please press the MENU button twice, go to status, send status, test connection.

If you have a 50.0, 52.0 or 54.X, please press the Home button 3 times from live TV, go to status, send status, then test connection. -- Jake B

The Hopper connection was one of the first things that I checked. It is connected via 2.4 WIFI, with a signal strength of betw3en 83 and 90. I do not see any indication of the "speed" of the connection on the Hopper.

I sent the status, as you requested. The confirmation received is: $8DD$2!3QSBE"

Today I'm going to run an ethernet cable through the house to the Hopper (the wife will "love" this one) to see if that resolves the problem. I doubt that it will, since the WIFI has worked for the past 3 years.

Thanks for you help.

HipKat - Glad that yours is working. I was hoping to find the same thing, but unfortunately not the case.

Navychop - Confused by your post. Is your DA working or not.

Reactions: HipKat
Dish Anywhere is working here, no problems right now. I am using the latest version of Firefox.

In the past, when I had problems, I tried various browsers, but that never made any difference. When Dish Anywhere was not working, all of the browsers had the same issue.

Reactions: JSheridan
The Hopper connection was one of the first things that I checked. It is connected via 2.4 WIFI, with a signal strength of betw3en 83 and 90. I do not see any indication of the "speed" of the connection on the Hopper.

I sent the status, as you requested. The confirmation received is: $8DD$2!3QSBE"

Today I'm going to run an ethernet cable through the house to the Hopper (the wife will "love" this one) to see if that resolves the problem. I doubt that it will, since the WIFI has worked for the past 3 years.

Thanks for you help.

HipKat - Glad that yours is working. I was hoping to find the same thing, but unfortunately not the case.

Navychop - Confused by your post. Is your DA working or not.

My DA is working fine. So I fear a rewrite might break it.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys App. For now.

Hard wired the Hopper to the Router (CAT6 LAN cable)

No change

Of note, the MAC address (04:c9:d9:6a:a0:1f) listed on the Hopper for the 192.168.0.31 connection does not match the MAC address (04:c9:d9:6a:a0:1c) that the Router is processing for the Hopper.

The latter MAC address (04:c9:d9:6a:a0:1c) is the one that was used by the Router (and Hopper) when connected via WIFI.

I have no "reserved" addresses in the Router at this time.

It is really strange how the Hopper acquires, and uses, IP addresses. At times the JOEY-MOCA connection uses the same IP address as the Hopper (even though it has a different MAC address), and at other times uses a unique IP address.

Bottom line, no change in problem.

RodeoGeorge

Hard wired the Hopper to the Router (CAT6 LAN cable)

No change

Of note, the MAC address (04:c9:d9:6a:a0:1f) listed on the Hopper for the 192.168.0.31 connection does not match the MAC address (04:c9:d9:6a:a0:1c) that the Router is processing for the Hopper.

The latter MAC address (04:c9:d9:6a:a0:1c) is the one that was used by the Router (and Hopper) when connected via WIFI.

I have no "reserved" addresses in the Router at this time.

It is really strange how the Hopper acquires, and uses, IP addresses. At times the JOEY-MOCA connection uses the same IP address as the Hopper (even though it has a different MAC address), and at other times uses a unique IP address.

Bottom line, no change in problem.

RodeoGeorge
OK, George, if you're hip to how IP's DNS and Port Forwarding works, etc, try this

1) Select Internet under settings

2) Select the Advanced Tab

3) Press Recall, Recall, and Play

4) A hidden third box will appear

5) The default is Automatic but you can select Manual.

6) You can now fill in the IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, Primary DNS Server, and Secondary DNS Server.

OK, George, if you're hip to how IP's DNS and Port Forwarding works, etc, try this

1) Select Internet under settings

2) Select the Advanced Tab

3) Press Recall, Recall, and Play

4) A hidden third box will appear

5) The default is Automatic but you can select Manual.

6) You can now fill in the IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, Primary DNS Server, and Secondary DNS Server.

Thanks for that info.
I now have a fixed IP address for the Hopper (192.168.0.90) which is outside the DHCP range of 1-49.
I run fixed IP addresses on everything that I can on the LAN.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts