Dishanywhere Terrible Quality Video

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
That is a normal ratio of down to up for DSL. At least all of the DSL connections I've seen. Dish says 3.0 down should work. That would be about a .5 up speed.
Are you saying the service does not work with anything but a cable internet speed?
Maybe I am missing something.
Thanx

Our DSL is about .850 up and it looks pretty good on Dish Anywhere remotely. My daughter's DSL is about .250 up and it works good and doesn't look that bad.

Don't get hooked on ratios. And, DSL can have higher speeds than you get, or can get. Here is the Dish recommendations:

http://www.mydish.com/support/general-speed-size

As you can see, you are just under the recommendation for SD on a computer/laptop. I had DSL here for a long time. I was only able to get 1.6 down and .6 up. I was totally on copper. My DishAnywhere sucked, out of the house, to put it mildly. It was fine in house because it was on my internal LAN. I finally got Comcast internet and life is now good, anywhere....
I have over 150% of the speed they say is needed. The chart is in down speed not up speed, I would assume. I have never hear of internet speed referenced in upload speed. The dish rep I talked to said 3 MBPS down speed was required.
Dish needs a better defined spec for upload speed requirements.

For slinging, the download speed at the Hoppers location is meaningless. It is only upload, as it is uploading the info to the DA servers for you. The download speed will matter at the location you are trying to view.

Please help me understand Dishanywhere. If I am away from home watching Dishanywhere using a browser on a laptop , then the upload speed at my home end and the download speed at my watching location and home location all determine picture quality. Does it make any difference if I am watching live TV or a show on one of my HWS's DVRs? My home download speed is 5 and upload is 1 using Rise Radio Broadband. What is Dishnet download and upload speeds . It is the only other option available to me.

Please help me understand Dishanywhere. If I am away from home watching Dishanywhere using a browser on a laptop , then the upload speed at my home end and the download speed at my watching location and home location all determine picture quality. Does it make any difference if I am watching live TV or a show on one of my HWS's DVRs? My home download speed is 5 and upload is 1 using Rise Radio Broadband. What is Dishnet download and upload speeds . It is the only other option available to me.
You sort of have it. It is the upload at home location, and download at the location away from home. DishNet has different speeds based on plans. Upload usually is about 1 Mbps.

I have over 150% of the speed they say is needed. The chart is in down speed not up speed, I would assume. I have never hear of internet speed referenced in upload speed. The dish rep I talked to said 3 MBPS down speed was required.
Dish needs a better defined spec for upload speed requirements.
As others have stated DishAnywhere connects to your Hopper which then sends the programming to your remote device. Since your Hopper is "uploading" the programming to your remote client, be it your phone , laptop , whatever, the upload speed at the Hopper determines the quality you can view. The higher the upload speed at the Hopper the higher bitrate you can view at. For your upload speed the best you can probably do outside the house is SD quality.

That said, there are several stand alone apps like HBOGo, History Channel, etc that allow Dish subscribers to login with their Dish account credentials that may give you a better experience outside your home. You wont have access to all of your Hopper contents, but it may be something to consider.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)