DISHCOMM capable receivers?

sclaws

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Aurora, IL
Is there a list somewhere of receivers capable of DISHCOMM features? I did a search and didnt find all that much info.

What they really needed to do, was incorporate Ethernet Network over Powerlines into DishComm for the VIP stuff. :D

I have never been able to get anything to work on the USB port. I would love to connect my 622 to the network but have never been able to get anything to work.

I get no message when i connect anything at all to the USB port. It just never recognizes any device that way. What have you gotten to work?

Same to you. In fact I answered yours. you did not answer Scott's---which was asked earlier. . What HomePlug device are you using through the USB port.

Last edited:
Sorry, your claim doesn't look right; you did blanket statement in post #9 without any technical info.
You could do same connecting anything into everything :D.

Excuse me but your question to me was what message do I get. I told you that I get no message. Thast is an answer to your question.

But you still have not answered the question posed to you---what device have you gotten to work via this method? If you really have it would be interesting to hear what the device was and how you got it to work. But instead of answering that question you accuse someone else of being unresponsive.

I am not trying to be mean. Sorry if it seems that way. maybe it is justa function of the day ia m having but there seems little point to continuing this.

I have put a USB Thumbdrive into my 622 and transfered jpg files of the family onto the dvr. I don't think that the 622 supports anything other than that for the USB port.

OK, I did tell about one device 'HomePlug USB Network adapter", then you cover my words by dismissive bold statement. I did ask you after that about one particular device from your long (do we suppose to see it ? ) list of USB devices what you did try. You insist for answer what you already seen. Same time you did not confirm a fact of testing by you the device.
Sorry, your credibility is pretty low without technical info.
BTW, do you aware about VIDs, PIDs, classes of USB devices ?

You did not mention that device until this post Mr. Smith. Now claliming that you did is exactly why I do not wish to continue the dialogue. It is getting us nowhere and is unfair to the est of the board community.

No you did not. you made statement in post six. In post 7 you were asked a question . You never answered it until just a few posts ago. Perhaps you did not understand the question I cannot tell. But you are arguing in circles her. You really can't claim that you answered the question in Post 7 with your statement in Post 6---that obviously came before it. Or maybe you do think that. It is hard to tell.

But please P let's drop it. This is a big circle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts