DishLatino on 72.7 (Eastern Arc)

jorossian

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2010
upstate, ny
Back in March the DishLatino channels (the 800's) were moved to the 72.7 orbital location but as of yet they are still "Not Available".

As a subscriber to DishLatino Max and living in upstate NY I was given an install of 61.5/110/119 back in August '09. Then all the new HD came out and I REALLY wanted to get them all so I repointed my 61.5 to 129 and was good to go. Now our local channels finally became available in HD last month on 61.5 so I decided it was time to go Eastern Arc so I can get my locals in HD and still get the newer HD channels which I love.

Well doing a bit of research here (aka "The LIST") I saw that there really is nothing at all that I need on orbital slot 77 anymore so I figured "wow! all I have to do is point my 129 back to 61.5 and point the 110/119 to 72.7 and I'm good to go!

Well, it turns out the Latino stuff is on 72,7 but it's still not turned on yet (yeah, typical guy - I didn't read the fine print while perusing The List). No ESPN Deportes, Fox Sports Español, etc....!!!!!!

So I managed to do a temporary workaround by pointing the Dish 500 110/119 dual to 61.5/72.7 (putting a little extra space in between the lnb's with a wine cork) and pointing the 129 dish to 110 to get most of thee latino stuff.

The problem is that 110 doesn't have ALL the channels in the latino package as some were still coming off 119 (for example: no Independant Film Channel, SiTV or Discovery Health which sucks because I used to DVR all the old "In Living Color" episodes from SiTV and "The Whitest Kids You Know" on IFC was also a DVR staple.)

So, does anyone know when Dish is finally going to flip the switch on all the 800 range latino pack channels on 72.7 so us folks in the east with latino packages and locals on 61.5 can finally get all the channels we're supposed to get without having to mix arcs and still not get absolutely everything we're paying for?

If they do finally turn them on it will be very nice as I'll only need ONE dish 500 (61.5/72.7) for all my package channels. I suppose most subscribers in the area with regular packages are already in that situation but just don't know it because everyone was originally installed 61.5/110/119 out here and that's what I see on all the roofs out here. It's crazy how few people really know what they could and should be receiving. That's why sites like this are true gems in a time when money is tight and we're all trying to stretch our entertainment dollar. Kudos to everyone who maintains this site and shares DIY info (I especially love the guy who explained how to get 61.5 and 72.7 on a dish 500 by putting a little more space between the lnb's) THANK YOU!!:up

ughh... soon ;) yeah I sort of figured.

Oh well, I actually think I'm going to be ok till then. I realized I had an old dp21 in the tool chest so I figure I can put my old DPtwin (2lnbs 2outputs) on the 110 dish to pickup 110/119 so I have all the latino range package channels.

I just have to be carefull how I hook things up to my DPP33 switch.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe I NEED to have both inputs from the DP twin going into the DPPP33 to avoid switching issues. Then I can put the one input from my 2 single dp lnbs from the 61.5/72.7 dish into the 3rd input in the dpp33 and then use the dp21 to add the second input after the dpp33 to go to the tv that I most want to have all 4 satellites (the big hd Sony in the living room).

Sound good?

much love scott :) keep up the great work. I hope the rumors are correct

again kudos to the forum for helping me keep ahead of the curve.

FYI: Apparently the reason why our locals are on 61.5 here in upstate NY is because I can't seem to get a fix on 77 no matter what I try. All I can get in this area is 72.7 and 82. I've heard that 82 can cause interference in picking up 77 if you're located close to Canada. After an hour on the roof with my slingboxed laptop and a sat-beeper I tend to agree.

Worked out great. Everything I was missing from my 61.5/72.7/110 setup were added to either 72.7 or 110. The channels that wound up on 77 were already on or were just added to 110.

So, if you have trouble picking up 77 like I do in upstate, NY you can now easily do an "alternate" eastern arc setup using 110 in place of 77 and not lose out on any channels.

Woo hoo!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)