DishMover question / decision support

Thwockage

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 27, 2004
OK, I've been lurking in this forum for a couple of years - always a source of great info. I've never had need to post - until now...and am hoping the gurus here can provide some help. We are moving to a new house (new construction) and my first time using the "Dishmover" service hasn't exactly been satisfying thus far due mainly to conflicting information from CSRs regarding what I can/can't do wrt the service.

I have a Superdish at my old house - needed for Baltimore local channels. However, I intend to install and use an OTA antenna at the new house to pull in the digital/HD locals and drop the local channel service from Dish. Given that, rather than have another Superdish installed at the new house, I'm looking to just have a Dish500 installed - mainly due to the unsightly size and appearance of the Superdish.

So - my main question is: am I going to regret doing that from a future HD programming perspective? I will deal with the size of the Superdish at the new house if it means access to future additional HD content. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Todd

Can you tell the future? What you are asking would take a fortune teller, a year ago it looked like HDTV was going to be on the FSS satellites.

It all depends on how far you live from Baltimore. I live in Cecil County, with a direct line of sight across the bay. I have a 921 and recieve the following HD channels:

WMAR 2 -125%
WRC 4 -75%
WTTG 5 -75%
WJLA 7 -82%
WUSA 9 75%
WBAL 11 -125%
WJZ 13 -112%
MPT 22 -87%
WBFF 45 -116%
WBDC 50 -87%
WNUV 54 -103%

Plus, I can recieve even more that aren't HD.

And, without bothering to look up which one you have, there's two different SD's - 105 & 121. If HD goes FSS, it's probably going to 105. If your area's LiL is on 121, it won't help you for that.

SimpleSimon said:
And, without bothering to look up which one you have, there's two different SD's - 105 & 121. If HD goes FSS, it's probably going to 105. If your area's LiL is on 121, it won't help you for that.

Baltimore is on 105.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts