Dish'n It Up for the 622

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mstanley123

Original poster
Sep 21, 2006
Hi Guys,

I am curious as to what experience folks have had with having Dishnetwork ship a VIP622 receiver without a "Professional Installation"

I have a Dish 1000 already with a 921 and a 942 already with a 501 and a 508 in the bedrooms of our house. I would like to swap out my 501 and the 508 for a VIP 622 receiver via the Dish'n it up promotion but calling Dishnetwork I got nowhere with having them just ship me a VIP 622, I spoke to three different people, asked to speak to a supervisor and that supervisors manager and got the excuse that we don't ship the VIP 622 Receivers and that they have to be Professionally Installed.

Thanks for your Input.

-Mike

My self-installable 622 arrived 2 days ago from Dish. The CSR initially tried to tell me that it had to be professionally installed but I informed him that I looked at my account on the Dish website and it says I can either have it professionally installed or they can just send me the 622. He didn't believe me but he looked and goes "Oh, I can do that for you after all". I believe it has to do with your time with Dish. I've been with them for 9.5 years.

Hmm Interesting. I've been with Dish for over 8 years. Talked to three different CSR's which I think were overseas and none of them budged on the "Professionally Installed" Requirement.

-Mike

Just called Dishnetwork again. Spoke to another CSR that stated that they don't ship the VIP 622 Receivers and they have to be professionally installed.

They couldn't tell me when this policy was changed.

-Mike

Their concern is your installing a dual-tuner receiver either with two coax cables or using a separator. You need to convince them you know what you are doing.

Last edited:
Well, I tried that with the 4 CSR's that I've spoken too and have got the same response.

Even asked to speak to a supervisor / manager and got the same excuse.

One person even said, "because of high demand we don't want the receivers stolen."

Have they not heard of signature required shipments?

Totally Frustrated with the CSR response(s), they sure don't put the "Customer Service" first.

-Mike

It depends if you currently have a dualtuner that your replacing ,f you do they can ship.if not then it has to be installed because of the backfeeds and switches that you may need

mstanley123 said:
Hmm Interesting. I've been with Dish for over 8 years. Talked to three different CSR's which I think were overseas and none of them budged on the "Professionally Installed" Requirement.

-Mike
Log into your account at Dish and click on Equipment Information. Mine says the following. If yours shows the same thing, you can use that as leverage like I did. It says that you have to replace a receiver but I told them I was keeping my 942 and the guy just said throw the empty box away when it arrives.

dishdt8.jpg

Thanks Widescreen.

I've emailed ceo@echostar.com.

Hopefully they will rectify the situation.

They do however have on my call record that I've spoken to the "supervisor" and or the "manager" now...

-Mike

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts