Dish'n It Up vs New Customer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kscott

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2008
I'm trying to come up with a way for my mother to take advantage of the Free HD For Life offer. My problem is that right now she only has an SD Duo DVR receiver.

She's been a customer for a few years now (well out of her initial agreement) so I thought they might be willing to do a free receiver upgrade. The CSR I spoke to wouldn't even consider it. They told me I'd have to do it as part of Dish'n It Up and that it'd cost a couple hundred up front for an HD Duo DVR.

Well I guess I understand that - to a point.. but then I happen to run across the new customer offers on the dishnetwork.com website and see that they're currently giving away free HD duo DVRs upgrades to new customers..??

So to hook a new fish they'll use the good bait... but to the loyal customers go the worms.. ? Seriously? There's really no way to get them to waive the upgrade free?

What's to keep her from canceling.. waiting a few days.. and signing back up as new to get the new customer offer?

Any ideas would be appreciated-

I'm trying to come up with a way for my mother to take advantage of the Free HD For Life offer. My problem is that right now she only has an SD Duo DVR receiver.

She's been a customer for a few years now (well out of her initial agreement) so I thought they might be willing to do a free receiver upgrade. The CSR I spoke to wouldn't even consider it. They told me I'd have to do it as part of Dish'n It Up and that it'd cost a couple hundred up front for an HD Duo DVR.

Well I guess I understand that - to a point.. but then I happen to run across the new customer offers on the dishnetwork.com website and see that they're currently giving away free HD duo DVRs upgrades to new customers..??

So to hook a new fish they'll use the good bait... but to the loyal customers go the worms.. ? Seriously? There's really no way to get them to waive the upgrade free?

What's to keep her from canceling.. waiting a few days.. and signing back up as new to get the new customer offer?

Any ideas would be appreciated-
I think its at least six months or more to be considered for new customer offers. The only way to do it would be to have another family member sign up for new service and have your mother drop her service.

The vip722 was normally 100 to 150 for upgrade, not 200. Unless she doesn't have the service plan, then 95 of that is for the tech visit to install it. It would require a new 2 yr agreement and 6/month for the service plan. Then Free HD requires auto pay or a $99 upfront fee.

3 months for formers, not 6. Customer will be required to sign up for 24 month contract.
Dish-it-up upgrade will either be $100 or $200 depending on where the customer falls on the Dish scale that ranks customers. If customer has DHPP then the install will be $15, without DHPP, then it is $95 on top of the $100 or $200.

3 months for formers, not 6. Customer will be required to sign up for 24 month contract.
Dish-it-up upgrade will either be $100 or $200 depending on where the customer falls on the Dish scale that ranks customers. If customer has DHPP then the install will be $15, without DHPP, then it is $95 on top of the $100 or $200.
That is correct. Dish must feel that most people would not be willing to give up the service for 90 days. Honestly, I think it depends on your own situation. I receive about 20 channels OTA. Also, Netflix at $8.99 per month is a good alternative for movies in the interim. So to me, depending on the time of year, a 90 day hiatus from pay tv is not that big a deal. So I would opt for the new customer package after 90 days. Others would not. Another option would be to sign up for D* as a new customer. They have free HD also.

Best of luck,

Ed

This thread has been brought hundreds of times. With Dish's current promotions there are no free upgrades to HD equipment. Call it what you will but that's just how it is right now. If you disagree then cancel and wait for 90 days.

If Dish allowed everyone to upgrade for free no one would ever keep their eqipment for over a year. They would just upgrade any time new equipment comes out and Dish would not be able to make money doing that. Don't forget that their goal is to make money.

The First level phone reps and Chat reps will do nothing special for long term
exisitng customers.
DirecTV has some great offers right now that will get you free HD-DVR,Free install and monthly credits. Get a referral from one of the Mods here and you can get another additional $10 monthly credit for 10 months.

If your not currently on contract and have been a good customer that has always payed on time.
Call Dish and ask about the upgrade, explain what Direct is offering you,ask to be transfered to customer retention and tell them you don't want to leave dish but what choice do you have.
If that does not work email the excutive department about the issue.
It may take upto a week befor they get back to you.
If your a good customer You shouldn't have to pay for the upgrade to HD-DVR if you sign a new 24 month lease.
Dish however won't just hand this offer to you without some work on your part to get it.
I actually had given up on Dish and had a Direct install setup for the next day when Dish contacted me with the free upgrade offer I had asked for.

the lowest upgrade fees go to those with the largest programming package, just pay it...you got your new cust perks when you signed up. loyalty entitlements ? really ? Im gonna call my bank, ive been making my house payment for 11 years now, ...

there is NO set time frame for former cust promos or upgrade promos...if you cancel and try to re-sign you better know everything about what flags as a new or former cust. your service address will not be eligble for a new install until all balances are cleared and hardware returned ( if required )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts