DishNet

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If I could get someone to say yes it's Available in your area I'd give it a shot. Had a contractor check on here and he said it was just have to get someone at dish to agree and setup and install.

Posted from my iPhone.

Stay away. If you have ANY other highspeed alternative. I tried it when it first was available. VERY long story short.. NIGHTMARE with tech support (on phone, on site)... Nobody knew what they were talking about from the very beginning.. It started with the phone CSR telling me when I signed up that speeds were GUARANTEED. I questioned that and asked him about 3 times... I cancelled service after 3 weeks because my modem didn't ever go more than 4 minutes without an error on the diagnostics screen. Nobody (on phone or techs, yes, plural, TECHS onsite) had a clue what the error messages meant. I had 3 weeks of service and was billed for 2 months. I finally gave up on battling that. When they came to remove the equipment, the tech took everything but then I kept getting threat letters and e-mails from Dish telling me to return the equipment or I would be billed.. The service was removed in January '13 and in April I finally got the 'I don't have your equipment' message across to them. Speeds are great at, say, 4:00AM.. But anything during the day is slow. Forget peak time--dial up is faster at peak time. The "next gen" was developed my marketing team, not the engineers.

I would take slower speeds over capped internet any day as long as the speeds were at least around 5 MB which will stream video well, maybe slightly less such as 3 MB depending on my needs. Even if your download speed test is much faster on satellite, if you mainly do web browsing, a service with slower download speed will still pull your pages up quicker due to the pings to the satellite and back delaying all web activity.

I have dishnet..and xfinity. Via the speedtest on the google play market..my dishnet ran 18-24 mbps...xfinity ran 19-24mbps...now the ping
Xfinity 80 seconds
Dish 700-960 seconds....why we cant game with dish

I have 10 gb anytime
10 gb bonus

The 10 gb bonus after 1am nightly is unlimited for now

Works good though

Over 44,000 miles of distance from satellite to ground will probably always keep the ping high.

DIRT said they are at maximum capacity in my area, I find it hard to believe.

Posted from my iPhone.

I really don't know what the deal is. It clearly showed both Hughes and Exede available for you. I also don't see how both would be full on your beam already since both of the recent generations of their services have been out less than a year. If you check directly with Hughes or Exede and they say there are openings then something else is going on when Dish is checking. Its the same service. You really need to get it through Dishnet if at all possible. You get a $10 discount and extra data per month.

DIRT said they are at maximum capacity in my area, I find it hard to believe.

Posted from my iPhone.

They're doing you a favor. Satellite Internet is terrible. If you absolutely can't stand your DSL anymore, look into cable, WiFi, or even cellular Internet before you go with satellite. Satellite is basically a last resort when your only other option is dialup.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

In my area it's DSL or nothing. I live out in the middle of nowhere. So satellite is my only other option.

And if I go through Hughes they say its available in my area and are ready to setup an install.

Posted from my iPhone.

Personally would take DSL any day over satellite Internet. Even if it were only 256Kbps.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

Not too bad for satellite Internet, in my opinion. Here is a speed test just now using DISH Net.

ForumRunner_20130520_194442.png

I'd take crappy dsl over sat internet any day for the sole reason of low caps.

Oh I have been. It's gotten nowhere. They've sent techs out reran wires in the house and from the pole to the house. Replaced jacks and filters and its done nothing. Even replaced the modem a whopping 7 times. I just can't stand it anymore.

Posted from my iPhone.

Hughesnet is a decent service compared to that.

If you just browse the internet you'd be fine with it.

Keep any bandwidth intensive activities for the unlimited time frame.

Throw netflix, gaming, voip & any real time apps out the window with sat internet. Regardless of what they say it just won't happen consistently.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)