DishNetwork 2 Year Contract

Zildjian8987

Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
After a quick search, I could not find anything in reference to this:

I am looking at getting Dish Network because I am fed up with getting bent over by Comcast. I will only need it for a year, then I will be moving and who knows what happens at that point because I don't know where I'll be or what I'll be doing, so I want to cover myself.

From what I can see, the two-year contract termination fee is $12.50/month left in my contract, so that would be 12.50 x 12 = $150. After working out the pricing, even with the contract breakage fee, it is significantly cheaper to sign a two year commitment and break it than to opt out of the two year contract and pay full price on everything. Just the activation fee alone is $100....

Either the folks at DishNetwork don't like to add, or I am missing something significant. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks in advance guys, I apologize if I missed it somewhere in the search.

the commitment has value to dish as it keeps you paying monthly for services with an expected return on investment so its worth it to them to load a contract offer. going non-contract basically means dish is just a seller of equipment that you MIGHT use. Although dish sells receivers, its not their main business. Their main business is selling you a service so getting a guarantee that you'll buy that service is what's valuable to them.

switching providers is also a big deal. think about how much thought you are putting in to dropping your current service. its not like deciding to go to a different restaurant. having you as a customer for a long time means you are less likely to switch after a certain amount of time.

Unless there has been a change, you can pay the upfront $99.00 activation fee and be without contract.

I was in a contract at the time about 4 years or so ago and used the Dishmover service for my new location and continued my service. No extra fees were tacked on because at the time I was a "good customer".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)