dishnetwork activation

damon8albarn

Original poster
May 19, 2007
My little project for Memorial day is to switch an existing satellite system over to Dish Network. From what I have read, my existing satellite dish (20") is compatible with Dish Network.

My plan is to head to radioshack and pick up a dishnetwork receiver then point the old dish at the satellite settings I obtained from http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Installation/Satellite-Heading-Calculator.htm
to point at the Echostar 7 satellite. To my knowledge, the only tool I need is a compass to point it to the 119 satellite.

Any other helpful suggestions?

How do you activate a dishnetwork receiver once it is installed? Through the phone, or does the registration take place through the receiver?

Thanks for any suggestions, I could any help.

Sean

My plan is to head to radioshack and pick up a dishnetwork receiver then point the old dish at the satellite settings I obtained from http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Installation/Satellite-Heading-Calculator.htm
to point at the Echostar 7 satellite. To my knowledge, the only tool I need is a compass to point it to the 119 satellite.
Depending on where you live and what programming you desire, you may need to see up to four satellites at once. It is usually much simpler to have Dish Network install everything for you.
How do you activate a dishnetwork receiver once it is installed?
Typically, the installer activates the receiver. Additional receivers acquired (notice that I didn't say "purchased") can be activated via a toll-free phone number. Understand that Radio Shack doesn't sell Dish Network receivers. RS offers a lease through Dish Network similar to the way that they offer wireless phones. As with wireless phones, there is a commitment.

I am planning on just getting something like the America's Top 100 plus package and local channels. I don't need any HD programming.

Does all that go through the 119 satellite, or are local channels through a different one?

Does all that go through the 119 satellite, or are local channels through a different one?
Many of the Dish Network locals are on 110W. Some of the smallest markets are on 148W. Again, where your locals are depends on where you are. At a minimum, you'll need a two LNB dish 500. In some obscure cases. you may need two dishes for locals.

In any event, Dish Network will install the necessary dish(es) and switchgear to make it happen.

Of course, you must be a resident of the United States or Puerto Rico.

I'll be wanting local Detroit feeds, anybody know if that is on 119 or 110? I live in Michigan obviously :)
Forget it, They are on the 110 satellite.
http://ekb.dbstalk.com/119list.htm

Contact Dishstore at the links at the top of the page, Claude will get you set up probably with a free receiver and the correct dish plus a warranty, this way your paying next to nothing out of pocket, get a new receiver, a new dish, new coax, and it will be up to all codes. The dish your planning to use wont get you all the channels that you want so you will need what is called a dish 500. Each receiver over the first has an additional receiver outlette fee, if you get a dual tuner this fee is waived but if you dont have a phone line connected to an active land line service then you will get hit with a $5.99 per month fee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)