Dishnetwork and DTV Together Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

user92626

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 7, 2007
Hi guys
I have these questions.

I already have one coax running from a DTV zinwell 6x8 switch to DTV receiver. Everything great.

I want to install Dish Pro 500 for Dishnetwork.

Can I join a dishpro's output and the 6x8 output via some sort of splitter and use one coax? Note: I WILL ONLY connect either a dtv receiver or a dish receiver at a time obviously (because there's only one coax into the house). Does it work?

Thanks

I don't think a splitter will work because the signal will be coming in to the splitter from both no matter if you use it or not. If you have a splitter with a switch that you can switch to when you want either one then that might work.

Can you run HOT and COLD water in the same pipe and at the other end select hot or cold water? Don't you get warm neither hot nor cold. The cable line is like a plumbing pipe, it carries what you put in but dosen't separate it.

ramy and boba,

That's exactly what I want. "The signal will be coming in to the splitter from both no matter if you use it or not." And when I use a specific receiver, it will get the signal it can unscramble.

The HOT and COLD water pipe analogy only makes sense if two data streams (DTV and Dish) completely mix together in a way that receivers cannot recognize the data anymore, then yes. Is that the case?

I may be wrong, but both providers use the same frequencies. It just plain won't work as described.

However, you could use a physical switch to select which signal that is needed.

The HOT and COLD water pipe analogy only makes sense if two data streams (DTV and Dish) completely mix together in a way that receivers cannot recognize the data anymore, then yes. Is that the case?
The "data" as you call it is a very large number of analog radio frequencies. It is nothing like a satellite radio "stream".

There are no "packets" to disassemble and reassemble. It is sort of like 500 people talking on the same phone line and the only way to pick one out is by the pitch of their voice.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts