Dishnetwork is acting bizzare

cailo

Original poster
Mar 16, 2009
ny
Hello

I asked dishnetwork to send me the new card to continue receiving my paid channels, but because I live in a remote area in the next few months, they won't be able to do so. It is easier for me to get another dish receiver (with the NEW card), and connect it to my satellite, but will this work, or I have to contact them to activate the other receiver.

Will it work if I only install the new card in my receiver, and continue watching the channels or I still need to activate the card with my receiver.
I am stuck, and don't know what to do!

Please advice

Many thanks

I had the same experience. They wanted to send me all new receivers instead of cards!!! Idiots!!! And I do not live in a remote area.

Maybe you have old receivers not capable of receiving the new cards or maybe they are switching your local market to EA (eastern arc) for hd locals requiring the new dish slot for MPEG-4 which also requires new MPEG-4 receivers along with the new satellite dish.

How remote of an area is it where the postal service doesn't deliver?

It doesn't have to be remote as in hard to get (drive) to, but remote in the sense that population density is too light to justify the costs of nearby local full postal service and rural delivery. The USPS doesn't have to deliver mail to homes of anyone within a certain distance of a post office. I live in a rural area outside a small town of 400. Almost everyone in town has a PO box since they are within the statutory distance. Those on the outer ends of town get rural delivery if they want it.

How remote of an area is it where the postal service doesn't deliver?

I live in a "town" with 1500 people, paved road, within sight of an interstate, less than 20 minutes from a major city, and another city 10 minutes the other direction. No delivery.

Didn't we just have this conversation? And what does home delivery have to do with anything?

To the OP: Do you subscribe to international channels?

I don't have my new cards yet, but I still receive every channel I'm subscribed to.

Ummm, they'd be refurbs and I don't want to lose my recordings. They are all MPEG4.

No wonder Dish is losing money.
My refurb has been rock solid going on three years now.

An EHD will hold your recordings until you get the replacements.

Ok I'll do it if you pay the archive fee. :rolleyes:

Seriously, their approach of replacing is costly and not required. Guess our bills will be going way up next year to pay for it.

Ok I'll do it if you pay the archive fee. :rolleyes:

Guess those shows aren't that important then.

This is just the way Dish operates. If you try to go outside the plan they have for you, you get into a mess that will never end.

It's easier just to quit and come back later than to make a change. Their plan must be to try to shed more customers that need anything. This solves the customer service problem - don't provide any.

Hello

I asked dishnetwork to send me the new card to continue receiving my paid channels, but because I live in a remote area in the next few months, they won't be able to do so. It is easier for me to get another dish receiver (with the NEW card), and connect it to my satellite, but will this work, or I have to contact them to activate the other receiver.

Will it work if I only install the new card in my receiver, and continue watching the channels or I still need to activate the card with my receiver.
I am stuck, and don't know what to do!

Please advice

Many thanks

dont swap cards from one receiver to another, if thats what you mean, that can really screw things up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)