Dishnetwork ku linear bandstacked vs standard linear bandstacked

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jasontherock

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 29, 2008
I am still getting my fta education here at satelliteguys and some questions have come up.

1. I use old dishnetwork linear bandstacked lnbfs for my set up. (because I have dozens of them)
2. Blind scanning screws the channel list up by adding the channels twice.

Question:
1. During a blind scan does it only scan the transponders in the transponder list?
2. If so is there a way to update the transponder list?
3. Because of my peculiar setup(DN lin bandstacked) does it miss scanning horizontal transponders because of the way they are set up in my coolsat?

What are you using for a LNB LO setup in the receiver?
what receiver model?

On my Coolsat 5000 I used the C-Band bandstacked as OCS 5150/5750 and scan just vertical....if you scan both polarities it will screw up everything

When i scan both I get
H at legit frequencies...V at 600 above the actual frequency but on Horizontal
then it changes to V and scans V right but H at 600 below the normal

so when its all said and done I get a cluster like this on G16 at 99W...examples below

3400 V 26400 World Harvest TV
4000 H 26400 same sa above (actual frequency)
4140 V 29125 ABC HD
4740 H 29125 same as above but 600 MHZ above

On my coolsat 6000 it does the same thing but I use single 10750. Why does it do that? and I have to wonder if it is missing transponders in the vertical when it does that>

best thing to do is to set the LNB LO to 13850 and scan VERTICAL only...sure the frequencies will be off but it scans all of them in just fine

Iceberg,

I am always impressed by your knowledge. Thanks for helping so many people on this forum. No one does a better job. You do it out of passion and love for fellow people.

You are one of a kind indeed.

Thanks for the kind words Sadoun...really appreciate it :)

I am always impressed by your knowledge.
is that a good thing or a bad thing? ;)
Sometimes I feel I gain a fact lose a fact...I know the LNB LO for a bandstacked KU LNB but I forget what day it is sometimes :D

Thanks for helping so many people on this forum. No one does a better job. You do it out of passion and love for fellow people.

I think that's what a fair amount of us like to do. Help people out. As I've mentioned before we were all newbies once so instead of attacking a newbie we like to help out (like a family)...

plus its always fun to try new things and just weird ideas. As I've noticed "it wont work" usually means we have to try it to see if maybe it will work. I already have "cabin fever" with the FTA system...got some ideas but with cold & snow already (not to mention sundown at 4:30) its hard to get stuff done.

But I do have to laugh. Tonite my mom came over and she saw the C-Band dish in the garage and said" so when do you haul that dish out?"(she knows of my "addiction") :)

Honestly....reading and absorbing the info

When I got FTA 5 years ago (Dec 03) I was green as grass. All I knew is the ExpressVu audio & Radio stations were in the clear (at the time) and I wanted to save a few bucks on my ExpressVu bill. So I got a Viacast 2000 receiver and hooked it up to my ExpressVu dish.

Then I got a 30" dish and an old (when they were linear) ExpressVu LNB and that really opened my eyes to FTA. Kinda cool to see the things that were out there. Got a 2nd dish and a receiver that had something called BLIND SCAN...That Pansat 1500 cost me 200 bucks in April 04 and added a motor right after. That combo (motor/dish/Pansat 1500) lasted me a good year and 1/2 until I upgraded to the Coolsat 5000. Other than trying 1/2 dozen LNB's the motorized system is still going strong and still the original setup. Still have both the Pansat (used to aim the dishes) and the Viacast.

I just like to read satellite stuff. Especially old info. I am fascinated by the old C-Band charts and what was out there 20, 10 even 5 years ago. I always like to see projects folks do because they are really cool. I like to try different things and just like to help folks out :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts