Dishnetwork New Broadband

SLTDon

Original poster
Aug 2, 2007
I want to use Dish Network's new broadband service, however, I have a problem. I have 3 T-1 connections directly to the Internet from AT&T. Therefore I have my own firewall. I need to open a tunnel through my firewall for this new service but need to know the source IP's at Dish for I can limit access to this new tunnel. Does anyone know anything about this. I called Dish Tech Support and I might as well been talking to the wall. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Don:confused:

I want to use Dish Network's new broadband service, however, I have a problem. I have 3 T-1 connections directly to the Internet from AT&T. Therefore I have my own firewall. I need to open a tunnel through my firewall for this new service but need to know the source IP's at Dish for I can limit access to this new tunnel. Does anyone know anything about this. I called Dish Tech Support and I might as well been talking to the wall. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Don:confused:

Dish networks broadband service is call Wildblue which is a separate company, they are partners. Are you going to run a VPN through the tunnel?

ok, kinda confused as to what you are needing...

first off i was thinking maybe you were talking about the ethernet connection on the 622/722 receiver, and what ip's dish were using...

then Tate's comment made me question that and maybe you are talking about Wildblue.
Please specify and hopefully we can help you a little easier.
Thanks

NO I have Internet access. I want to get abroadband access for my 622. I need the IP(s) of where the broadband data is coming from so my firewall will allow it to pass through to the 622.

Got to ask, do you really need to know? If E*'s internet based features require customers go making firewall changes they're going to be looking for a bunch of problems.

As a D* customer not sure how E*'s stuff is going to work but on D* the remote scheduling feature uses the satellite stream to send scheduling requests to the DVR's, not a broadband connection, that how the R15's can also use remote scheduling since they don't support a broadband connection.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts