DishNetwork picture quality problem

celfan

Original poster
Aug 4, 2011
New England
Just got DishNetwork yesterday - first dish and I know nothing about these systems. I do know that my picture isn't as sharp as it was with my Comcast Cable a few days ago. I called Dish Network System customer service and they had me restart the system and then check format settings(??)

The SD pictures are horrible and the HD channels just aren't as clear as what I was getting with Comcast. Not horrible, just the difference between the cheapest HDTV and a high quality one.
Is there anything I can check myself without calling a technician? I have a feeling he's just going to say "looks alright to me". I have the receiver model that starts with a seven and it is running the tvs in the living and bedroom. I haven't even used the one in the bedroom as I was told that wouldn't be HDTV anyway. No mention of that when I signed up.

Could our main TV get a better picture if I disconnect the second TV on the receiver?

A different receiver model perhaps?

Any help appreciated

I'm all about the picture quality - not concerned about much else.

Main TV is on HDMI4

All my problems are with the main TV.

I have not used the second one except when techician hooked it up. It is presently disconnected.

What model receiver do you have? if it is a 722 hit the Menu button on your remote then select option 6 system setup, then option 8 Hdtv set up make sure TV type is set to 1080i and Aspect Ratio is set to 16 x 9. If that does not work try a different Hdmi cable.

No clue what the problem is, but the general consensus around here (and other forums) is that DISH Network and DirecTV look better than Comcast/U-verse/most cable setups and about the only thing that beats their HD quality is FiOS.

Have tried adjusting your tv's picture settings? There is going to be some variation in the display due to different broadcast technologies used. QAM signal from cable vs a DBS mpeg 4 signal from satellite.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)