Dishnetwork?

bigcstyle

Original poster
Jan 8, 2006
I am currently debating weather or not it is worth it to switch from brighthouse networks here in orlando,fl to dishnetwork. I am currently not having any problems with Brighthouse... However, I can have a 4 room setup with more channels through dish net. I seem to be reading quite a few complaints on this site but here are my concerns.

1. Quality- is dishnet quality going to be better than brighthouse? Dishnets HD channels are digital / brighthouses are not. Also I get terrible analog signals with brighthouse so would the all digital channels with dishnet be better??

2. Local HD channels- this seems to be the gray area. I think its either hit or miss.. I just purchased an indoor antena but I dont have a settop box to try it on to see if I get good local HD signals. My area code is 32707.. I know I am within 20 miles of all local broadcasts...

3. Upgrade hassels- Is it going to be a pain in the ass to upgrade to the mpeg4 reciever? Will the dish they install on my roof need to be upgraded as well?

If someone has any good advice I am all ears. I have been debating this all weekend and just need to make a decision. Thanks!

Corey

bigcstyle said:
I am currently debating weather or not it is worth it to switch from brighthouse networks here in orlando,fl to dishnetwork. I am currently not having any problems with Brighthouse... However, I can have a 4 room setup with more channels through dish net. I seem to be reading quite a few complaints on this site but here are my concerns.
1. Quality- is dishnet quality going to be better than brighthouse? Dishnets HD channels are digital / brighthouses are not. Also I get terrible analog signals with brighthouse so would the all digital channels with dishnet be better??
2. Local HD channels- this seems to be the gray area. I think its either hit or miss.. I just purchased an indoor antena but I dont have a settop box to try it on to see if I get good local HD signals. My area code is 32707.. I know I am within 20 miles of all local broadcasts...
3. Upgrade hassels- Is it going to be a pain in the ass to upgrade to the mpeg4 reciever? Will the dish they install on my roof need to be upgraded as well?
If someone has any good advice I am all ears. I have been debating this all weekend and just need to make a decision. Thanks!
Corey

1. Quality will be better than analog especially if it is like the cable where I live half the channels are snowy.

2. As far as local HD channels you will good to go with your antenna for now, it could be awhile before they offer HD locals in your area.

3. I would not worry about the mpeg4 upgrade thing just yet, it is months away from all the bugs worked out. Mpeg4 as far as satellite is concerned with dish is still in the testing stages.

Also no your dish on the roof will not need to changed out for mpeg4.

bigcstyle said:
Corey

Basically all new HD channels are going to be mpeg-4,ESPN2, UHD, & the 5 new voom channels are going to be mpeg-4.

If you are going to want HD at all I would wait until you can get one of the new receivers or you may regret not waiting.

Just my 2 cents

Jordan

bigcstyle said:
I was begining to think that knowone on here was happy with dish net.
It seems to be that way just about everywhere that a public forum exists for a particular product/topic. What you see is skewed somewhat toward the negative because those who aren't having any problems are not looking for somewhere to complain, they are enjoying the product instead.

Of course there are lots of people here who didn't find this forum as a result of looking for somewhere to let off steam, instead found it looking for good technical info to support their hobby.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts