Dishonline.com question

Mfinchv1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 24, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
I currently have a 722k, connected to the net and all. I know how to work it, etc. Dishonline.com has a ton more content, that you can only watch on your pc. Anybody know if there is a set top box that has a webbrowser, thats compatiable with the software that dishonline uses??

It would rock, to be able to connect via your tv with a web browser. Right now, im doing something simliar to that. I have a acer, with a hdmi output, connected to the tv. I use my droid to connect to the acer, so it works as a remote control. It gets the job done, but is a hassle disconnecting the computer all the time.

So...I heard sony 3d blue ray player has a web browser as a app. Also heard that google tv, logitech one for dish has a web browser. Anybody try to access dishonline, with any of these units??

Thanks!

garys said:
Most new tv's have connections that you can wire your pc to it. That's what I do.

Thays what he is doing.

Ross

Sent from my rooted DROIDX (Liberty Gingerbread) using SatelliteGuys

Mfinchv1 said:
I currently have a 722k, connected to the net and all. I know how to work it, etc. Dishonline.com has a ton more content, that you can only watch on your pc. Anybody know if there is a set top box that has a webbrowser, thats compatiable with the software that dishonline uses??

It would rock, to be able to connect via your tv with a web browser. Right now, im doing something simliar to that. I have a acer, with a hdmi output, connected to the tv. I use my droid to connect to the acer, so it works as a remote control. It gets the job done, but is a hassle disconnecting the computer all the time.

So...I heard sony 3d blue ray player has a web browser as a app. Also heard that google tv, logitech one for dish has a web browser. Anybody try to access dishonline, with any of these units??

Thanks!

I know the browser on the Wii wont do dishonline. I believe it has to do with flash...seems lime using your laptop is the solution,

Ross

Sent from my rooted DROIDX (Liberty Gingerbread) using SatelliteGuys

I did get logitech revue...google tv. Its very impressive. Its intergeration with dish is neat. On dishonline.com...it places some stuff.....it wont play hula.....but plays epix movies...but wont play starz or cinemax or hbo. Not sure why....its almost like dish usea different media players....for everything u click on. Which is stupied. Got it for 80$ on ebay....plays all other movies...movie2k.to....ill post a video of it soon

Watch my Logitech revue video on my YouTube. Synced with dish...plus have dishonline going on it As well. Search Mfinchv1 on YouTube. Its pretty neat. Got two of them now...off Ebay.

I did get logitech revue...google tv. Its very impressive. Its intergeration with dish is neat. On dishonline.com...it places some stuff.....it wont play hula.....but plays epix movies...but wont play starz or cinemax or hbo. Not sure why....its almost like dish usea different media players....for everything u click on. Which is stupied. Got it for 80$ on ebay....plays all other movies...movie2k.to....ill post a video of it soon
That's because all of the different content providers play by their own rules. Some allow content to be played from anything, others get anal about what you can watch on a tv. It's realy stupid because you can connect a pc to a big screen and watch anything and everything. When Google TV was restricted by most content providers, Google should have come up with a "spoofing" system that would make the site think it was a pc browser accessing it and not the Android version of Chrome. Google caved in to easy.

... On dishonline.com...it places some stuff.....it wont play hula.....but plays epix movies...but wont play starz or cinemax or hbo. ...

My experience with my Sony NSZ-GT1 bluray Google TV is much like Mfinchv1's. Starz, HBO and a few others won't play because they use the Widevine Media Transformer for DRM. Google TV doesn't have that plugin. Seems peculiar because Widevine is owned by Google. Maybe someday they'll put it into Google TV.

Hulu is another issue entirely. None of the OTA networks allow Google TV to play their content which I assume is a corporate power/money thing. I have heard Hulu priime (a pay service) will play on Google TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts