DishOnline download speeds

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JEFFinINDY

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 31, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
What kinds of download speeds are you getting with DishOnline?

I'm downloading a free TV show, and I'm getting a whopping 0.82Mb/sec according to the display on screen, and it's just creeping along.

I tried a free download for the first time last night. Just ran all the cabling the day before. Getting around 0.9Mb/sec. for a free 20 minute show. Maybe the pay movies are faster. How long should this normally take for a movie???

I tried a free download for the first time last night. Just ran all the cabling the day before. Getting around 0.9Mb/sec. for a free 20 minute show. Maybe the pay movies are faster. How long should this normally take for a movie???

Where did you find free downloads?:confused:

I WAS really excited about the VOD service...and then I tried it...3 to 7 minute blocks of crap that take forever to d/l...I always thot my biTorrent was slow, but C'MON!! (arrested development reference free to all users)

I WAS really excited about the VOD service...and then I tried it...3 to 7 minute blocks of crap that take forever to d/l...I always thot my biTorrent was slow, but C'MON!! (arrested development reference free to all users)

Yeah, I started to download the BMX recap from the Olympics over 13 hours ago and it's still downloading.

Decided to order a PPV through the DishONLINE service. With our 768Kbps WiMax system, we were able to watch the movie 12 hours later. The results were great, even if only available for 24 hours, similar to the VOD 501 movies.

Not a problem if one plans a little in advance :)

If we did rental through the mail, it'd be a day or more turn around anyways. And our local rental locations are not convienant and require a return at a less than convienant time. After several late fee's, PPV at home looks like a more than acceptable solution.

One might counter that Netflix and other mail rental solutions don't have late fees, but the basic packages with them still don't make that much sense with our very infrequent movie rental habits. About the holdiays, when lots of family are over is the only time it'd have a benefit.

I get about 4-5mpbs

Interesting. I unplugged the Ethernet cable from the 622 (connected to a wireless bridge) and connected it to my laptop and ran tests at speedtest.net, and got between 11 and 14 Mbps.

Maybe it's Comcast slowing down the download from Dish. That wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)