DishOnline download won't stop

CubsWin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 17, 2005
Bourbonnais, IL
A few weeks ago, I downloaded the Dish Online program titled "Aerosmith", which is listed as a 15 minute performance. I never watched it, and now for some reason it shows up constantly under "My Recordings" as if it were a standard program that is being recorded on my DVR. It continues to record indefinitely, with no start or stop times listed. If I restart my receiver, I can delete what was previously recorded, but it just starts recording again immediately and keeps going until the next restart. If I try to view the recorded program, it doesn't do anything and just returns to whatever I was watching before. When I go to DishOnline, it shows up in my history but there is nothing in "My Downloads" for me to delete. Has anyone experienced this problem before and, if so, how were you able to stop the recording? Until I find a real solution, I'm going to have to reboot my receiver daily so that I can continue deleting the program in order to prevent it from completely filling up my DVR.

Have you checked in "Timers"?
Dan
Yep. Nothing there. There is no light on the receiver to indicate that it is recording anything, but there is a red icon next to the listing in "My Recordings" that would seem to indicate a program that is currently recording.

Is it still eating hours on your hard drive? This is weird, I sometimes have the recording light lit when it is not doing any recording,
Dan

Is it still eating hours on your hard drive?
Yes, it is still accumulating the recorded time and subtracting from my remaining available hours. When I reboot my receiver, I can delete the accumulated hours, but it will just start counting from 0 again.

Got a question about Dishonline, I have my reciever hooked up, shows I have active connection....But when I go to Dishonline and look for anything, it just says processing your request and nothing comes up? anything I need to do or missing

Last edited:
I called tonight and went through the tech support menus. The first representative had no idea what I was talking about and kept relaying basic information from a man who I could hear talking to her in the background. After about 20 minutes trying to explain the problem to her, she "transferred" me to the guy in the background, who wouldn't listen and proceeded to spend another 20 minutes trying to teach me how to delete timers. When he tried telling me to delete every one of my timers, I got fed up and he transferred me to an advanced technician.

The advanced technician was very understanding, but he was still unable to solve the problem and finally indicated that this is a known product issue and that he could upgrade me to a 722 for no charge and a 24-month commitment. I don't know whether this is truly a known issue, or if that was just the standard line for "we don't know what the problem is, but we will take the opportunity to lock you into a new contract." I declined, explaining that I don't want to agree to a new contract with the 922 being released soon.

I guess I will just have to work around the issue for now and hope that a software update fixes the problem. Otherwise, it appears that I'll be dealing with it until the 922 is released, and that phone call took 90 minutes of my life that I will never get back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)