DishOnline Programming to TV

rollerdog

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 2, 2011
Houston, TX
One thing I wanted to do as a new Dish user was to access some of the TV episodes that I had not viewed yet when I switched services. I had looked at DishOnline and seen several old episodes of House that were available. Once I got installed with my 922 I assumed I would be able to go to DishOnline and watch those episodes on my TV. I can play them on my Ipad but I don't see any way that I can watch them on my TV.

Is there a way to do this? Why are these episodes available for mobile devices and not for my TV?

Not a current Dish 922 / Dish Online capability. Sorry. They have some movies that work like that to DVR - but nothing currently offered that is free. It's mostly 24-hour rental. Maybe the future will be brighter after the looming new mid-Nov release with Blockbuster Movie Pass software, but new features are seldom promised or advertised in advance by Dish.

A year ago I bought a Mac Mini computer (which has a 1080p HDMI output) with wireless keyboard and mouse, and I think it is high value to me, works extremely well, and I can literally watch anything on the internet on my high def plasma. I highly recommend it, if you can afford one.

Last edited:
I'm not quite sure how you go from Mac Mini to view anything on your TV; Apple TV?

I solved my problem by using Playon (runs on my PC) which is accessible from 922 and using Hulu to grab my missing House episodes.

However, I still don't understand why this large resource of TV episodes on DishOnline is not available to be played on your TV.

I don't need Apple TV, nor Roku, nor Playon... I just go from the Mac Mini HDMI output to TV HMDI input and change the TV input to that source. With an internet connection to the Mac Mini (it also has wireless capability built-in,) I'm all set for anything on the internet. In fact, with HULU, there is a Hulu Desktop application that works excellently with the Mac Mini remote control. Although - I rarely use Hulu anymore, because of the 922 DVR capabilities. It does come in handy, as well as lots of other content.

Last edited:
If I'm getting you correctly, my iMac has a monitor out, my TV has a computer access in via HDMI. I ran a cable from the Mac to the TV, when wanting to view something from the Mac I must change inputs on the TV, reroute the sound and there it is. YouTube, DishOnline, on TV or any other computer content I wish.

If I'm getting you correctly, my iMac has a monitor out, my TV has a computer access in via HDMI. I ran a cable from the Mac to the TV, when wanting to view something from the Mac I must change inputs on the TV, reroute the sound and there it is. YouTube, DishOnline, on TV or any other computer content I wish.

Yep, thats what I do with my HP...I have a 20 foot hdmi cable and its hooked to input #1 and my Revue is set to input #2. I dont live by my setup.

I have an iMac as well, but wanted to go with the Mac mini in order to have both audio & video on the same HDMI cable, along with 5.1 sound. It's a slick computer for being so small, and one of the best home theater computers. And yes, I have heard of some PC's that also are well-built for home theater use.

I have an iMac as well, but wanted to go with the Mac mini in order to have both audio & video on the same HDMI cable, along with 5.1 sound. It's a slick computer for being so small, and one of the best home theater computers. And yes, I have heard of some PC's that also are well-built for home theater use.
I get it.. for sound my iMac (2008) I had to run a separate cable for the sound, not very convenient but works. I think I read the recent Mac runs both audio and video through the same wire. The mini you have I don't know.....yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)