dishpointer pro android: incompatible with Motorola Defy?

malakudi

Dec 31, 2010
Greece
I downloaded application (1.6.1.b) and installed on my Motorola Defy (running Android 2.1). Application just crashes. Is this a known issue? Maybe only 2.2 is supported?

AlanSH

DishPointer.COM Admin
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 4, 2007
Yes, it's now a confirmed issue with Motorola Defy. Trying to get my hands on this phone to try out. There are rumors that outlets will stop selling this phone because it has many defects. Amazon already pulled it in some european countries.

malakudi

Dec 31, 2010
Greece
Well, the only real iisue I am aware about this phone is the problem with the headphones jack which breaks after some insert/remove cycles. This issue is already fixed in newer releases of the phone. There is also one more issue with wifi (WPA2/AES rekeying problem). GPS, Camera, Compass, Sensors all work fine with other applications, so all components needed by Dishpointer Pro should work fine. I hope this is something trivial to be fixed. I could help testing a version with some more descriptive error message when it crashes (in case you don't have access to the phone).
I hope this will be fixed, I would really like this app on my phone.

yoannVo

Feb 7, 2011
France
ouch,

We just bought 3 Defy especially to use this application!
too bad. Hope that a solution will be find quickly :/

AlanSH

DishPointer.COM Admin
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 4, 2007
Solution has been found, new update coming very shortly but defy firmware is also buggy, you need to update motoblur to 2.51.1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)