Dishpointer Pro error on LG P350 Optimus Me

mcasdorph

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 28, 2012
WV, USA
Just downloaded and installed the app, it brings up the License (Buy, Enter, Cancel) screen and try to click anything I get "Sorry! Activity DishPointer Pro (In Application DishPointer Pro) is not responding"

mcasdorph

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 28, 2012
WV, USA
Figured it out, now I got it working but I dont think its calibrated, how do you tell for sure?

Last edited:

mcasdorph

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 28, 2012
WV, USA
It's so nice to talk to myself :p, turns out (from reading) Gingerbread has a compass bug that causes DishPointer to not work right? Can someone confirm this?

AlanSH

DishPointer.COM Admin
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 4, 2007
Gingerbread had/has a compass bug but only on a few phones. Most of the phone manufacturers fixed it now. Not sure about the LG Optimus though. You can tell if there is a compass bug by pointing the phone towards South. The true heading at the bottom should read about 180. Also the number next to the cross hair should read 0 when you point the phone directly at the horizon and should increase to 90 when you move the phone up overhead (it tells you the inclination of the phone with respect to the horizon). The number below the the cross hair is the skew level of the phone, i.e. in landscape mode it should read -90 and in portait 0.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts