Dishpointer Pro on Motorola XOOM

skeyeillum

Jun 1, 2011
North Dakota
First of all, I would like to say what a wonderful program you have. It has saved me several times over and over. I currently use it on my Droid X without any problem. However, I just purchased a Xoom and installed the program on it. Well let me tell you I got a shock when I took it out of my truck and was going to do a site survey. I turned it on started the program and turned the compass on and the arch where the sat's are was vertical. So the ground was on the bottom and the arch was going thru the screen up and down. Is this a known issue or is there something going on?

Please feel free to give me any idea's.

Thanks
Skeyeillum

MisterEd

Jul 7, 2007
I was just about to post to find out if this is compatible with my ASUS Transformer Android Tablet running V3.1 (Honeycomb). very similar to your Xoom.

Guess not! :(

AlanSH

DishPointer.COM Admin
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 4, 2007
Expect a fix in the next few days for the xoom.

The Asus might not experience the same problem. MisterEd, why don't you try it out since you have the device. You can always return it.

AlanSH

DishPointer.COM Admin
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 4, 2007
Skeyeillum: If you set the skew level in the settings to -90 that fixes the arc. But I'm going to issue a new update soon where this won't be necessary but obviously you will need to set the skew level back to zero after you installed the update.

Sat Monkey

SatelliteGuys Family
May 25, 2008
Wausau, WI
Please hurry on that one. My boss is not good with electronics and he HAD to HAVE this app and it was my job to fix it after he couldn't use it. I have it on my iPhone and it works well.
Now after an hour of calibrating it for skew and elevation he MIGHT be happy. 68 year old bosses should not have a Xoom. But Dish network gave away 4 of them per retailer so 4X 2500+ is alot of apps to be sold. I am just saying.

AlanSH

DishPointer.COM Admin
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 4, 2007
That's interesting news.

As for the settings, you will also need to change the screen to pixel ratio to 24. The skew should be -90.

sperry85

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 9, 2011
I assume the pixel setting is different by screen size? Is there a formula for it? Or could you let us know the setting for an 8.9" screen? I have a G-slate.

AlanSH

DishPointer.COM Admin
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 4, 2007
No, the pixel setting was so far the same for all devices no matter which screen size until the Xoom came along. As far as I know, it is ht eonly one with a different pixel ratio.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)