DishPro 500 Upgrade

gbwarren

Original poster
May 16, 2007
I apologize if this question has been asked before but I am new to this forum and trying to upgrade my system and haven't had time to read through all the threads. I currently have a DishPro 500 with a quad LNB and 4 311 receivers hooked up. I tried to replace one of the 311 receivers with a 322 receiver running the cable through the supplied separator. This connection setup is not working and was told I need to add a switch to the system. What switch do I add and what is the best way to complete this task? Thanks for any help.

Welcome! I'm no expert here, but maybe I can answer this one. The DPP44 (Dish Pro Plus) switch is the only one presently configured to do what I think you want to do, that is receive 4 inputs from your current 4 LNBs (4 separate downleads) then send the outputs to 4 separate locations. The switch will "stack" the signals for 2 separate tuners in the 322 that can be sent via one coax to that receiver's location then the separator will feed those signals to the 2 tuner inputs. My only question is whether or not the quad LNB is compatible with that switch. Is yours a "DP Quad"? If so then no problem...

Last edited:
DPP44 Quick Facts

Here's a brochure on this switch and some other related information that may answer some questions for you...

Attachments

• DISH Pro Plus 44 Switch - Quick Facts.pdf
    951 KB · Views: 105
  • DISH Pro Plus Separator - Quick Facts.pdf
    960.6 KB · Views: 129
  • DISH Pro Plus Technology - Quick Facts.pdf
    477.2 KB · Views: 108
Welcome! I'm no expert here, but maybe I can answer this one. The DPP44 (Dish Pro Plus) switch is the only one presently configured to do what I think you want to do, that is receive 4 inputs from your current 4 LNBs (4 separate downleads) then send the outputs to 4 separate locations. The switch will "stack" the signals for 2 separate tuners in the 322 that can be sent via one coax to that receiver's location then the separator will feed those signals to the 2 tuner inputs. My only question is whether or not the quad LNB is compatible with that switch, but I think it is...

you are right, you can take out 2 311. than just run dual line to the 322 w/o the saperater. and run single line from tuner 2 to. tv2........... or drop 2 lines from dp quad to dpp44 switch, than run single line to every reciever. and on 322 use the saperator.....

I don't want to give up 2 311's. I only want to give up 1 311. When finished I will have 3 311's and 1 322 controlling 5 TV's. Is this possible

I don't want to give up 2 311's. I only want to give up 1 311. When finished I will have 3 311's and 1 322 controlling 5 TV's. Is this possible

yeah u can get dpp 44 switch or just add another dish 500 with DPP Twin...and run single line to the 322 with saperator.

Yes, if the LNB is a Dish Pro quad and you're running through the DPP44, using the separator on the single coax to the 322...

How would I hook up the dpp44? I guess what I am looking for is do I have to hook up all the ports from the quad LNB to the dpp44 or just the port that is going to the 322? Thanks for all your help, this has been great.

How would I hook up the dpp44? I guess what I am looking for is do I have to hook up all the ports from the quad LNB to the dpp44 or just the port that is going to the 322? Thanks for all your help, this has been great.

take the 1st and the 3rd line from Quad. put it in port 1, and 2, and from there, hook up all your reciever. that will be 3 301. and 1 322. make sure u put power inseter on port 1 reciever......

did u plan out how u gone run the 2nd tuner line. ??? to the 5th room.

Dish 500 Upgrade/LNB question

Here's a second question from another amateur.

I'm running a Dish 500 antenna, Dish Pro Plus LNB and a 322 receiver to two TV's at home. I want to be able to move the receiver back and forth between home and a second location (vacation home).

So I have also gotten a second Dish 500 antenna which came with a Dish Pro LNB rather than a Dish Pro Plus LNB.

My question is whether the 322 receiver will work with the Dish Pro LNB or whether I need to get a real, sure-enough Dish Pro Plus LNB for the second antenna.

Thanks.

Here's a second question from another amateur.

I'm running a Dish 500 antenna, Dish Pro Plus LNB and a 322 receiver to two TV's at home. I want to be able to move the receiver back and forth between home and a second location (vacation home).

So I have also gotten a second Dish 500 antenna which came with a Dish Pro LNB rather than a Dish Pro Plus LNB.

My question is whether the 322 receiver will work with the Dish Pro LNB or whether I need to get a real, sure-enough Dish Pro Plus LNB for the second antenna.

Thanks.

it will work, but you will have to run dual line from the lnb to the 322. w/o the saperator. if you can't do that you gone have to get DPP LNB.

ebay has them for around 40 bucks.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=dpp+lnbf&category0=

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)