DishPro Dual LNBF Question

normang

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 4, 2003
i am looking to upgrade to DishPro LNB's, but have noted that there maybe different types..

from the Dishstore.. It is the only DishPro LNBF appropriate for an 18” (or "DISH 300”) dish antenna. It would be used alone in 61.5º and 148° installations.

Now when My second dish went up, the installer for whatever reason mounted a Legacy Dual on a Dish 500 using one side to mount it and aimed it. Will this LNB from the store work on a Dish 500 style dish, or is there a different model required?

thanks for any feedback

That LNBF will work on a Dish500 dish but all the lnbf's and switches in the setup must be either legacy or DishPro. A DishPro receiver will work with a legacy or DishPro setup. Legacy receivers only work with a legacy setup unless you have a DishPro Adaptor then it will work with a DishPro setup. Some of the oldest models will not be able to accept a DishPro Adaptor.

What Stargazer said, except that you can use a Legacy receiver without an adapter if you have a DPPlus switch/LNBF.

If you're going to buy a DP Single/Dual for use on a D500, buy the "I" arm while you're at it - remember that will force you to re-aim the dish by 4.5 degrees and a touch of elevation.

Thanks for that feedback, my big concern is that the LNB will mount (fit) on that Dish 500 arm where the existing legacy is. I've noted that there are D shape and rectangular shape LNB's that reportly fit different Dish arms as you noted Simon...

I am hoping that the DP LNB from the Dish Store will just fit in the 500 arm as it is so I don't have to re-aim or futz around with replacing the arm.

My dishes were installed in a good place I think, but not the most easily accessible place on my house because of the height and the slope on that side of my house. So the most I wanted to do was to remove the old and connect the new LNB's and the only one I am worried about is the 61.5 mounted on the Dish 500 Dish and not my old twin mounted on the other Dish 500. I would hate to get up there and find that I needed to replace the arm and have it not fit.

Sorry about not getting back sooner.

All standard DP LNBFs have the "D" shape. Not sure about StupiDish ones. A rectangular shape LNBF WILL fit in a "D" arm - but you might need to shim it.

I have my new LNB's, I am finding it hard to get near where my Dish's were installed by Dish, without some fear of falling. If I had taller ladders I might give it a try... But

So I called Dish, I called a number on a receipt from my local Dish Network service from a previous installation and got the 800 # for pro installs. I was told that it would cost $99 for a service call, or i could sign up for the warranty and its $30 (round number) for the service call. The lady that took my call tried to transfer me somewhere and the call dropped and I didn't have time after that to try again, but was curious about the warranty push..

When I call back, should I just bite the bullet and not worry about the warranty service and get the install done? Or can I cancel the warranty service at any time? Isn't there a time limit before I could actually use the warranty service?

If i sign up for the warranty, I guess that could be helpful somewhere along the line, but at $60 a year, I've never had anything serious go wrong to worry about it, yet, as a qualifer..

any thoughts?

sign up for it, pay the lower fee and cancell the warranty after everything is fixed. You'll have a 90 day warranty from the time of it being fixed anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts