dishpro or dpp in line amplifier

ecarl4100

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2006
Tennessee
This may have been addressed earlier, but i could not find it. Can an in-line (I think they are called bullet amplifiers) be used on remote runs when a dp34 or dpp44 will be used? The reason I ask is that i only want one dish site, But i've got a shop a good 200 ft from the house (which is 75 feet from where the dish antennas are - in the opposite direction). Is this possible, or will I probable be stuck with another dish at my workshop, which I desperately DO NOT want. Thanks for any input.

PS, You guys rock - saves me a lot of headaches for a DIY "advanced amatuer" Cant wait til I learn enough to start helping more people with confidence.

An alternative you might not have considered. Not saying this is my favorite idea or how I would do it... run coax between house and shop, and use the TV2 output, if you have it, of one of your existing receivers. Use splitters at both ends to get the UHF remote antenna out that far.

This would save you $5 a month.

but to answer your original question, yes you can use an inline amp.... in my experience they dont do a whole lot though... i'd try it with what you have. 200' should be ok, and if not, go with the idea above about using the TV2 side out of the reciever

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)