DishPro Plus 44 Switch Review

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The current wisdom is that it can be done - with extreme care. You are better off running the second, and for that matter, third, cables.

That being said, it appears that the ONLY acceptable order of devices is:
Code:
DPP44 --- Power inserter --- diplexer ---//--- diplexer --- Separator === 921
           OTA Antenna -----------'               '------------------------'

Note that the location of the power inserter becomes problematic. You are much better off if you can power the DPP44 from a different feed cable.

Cool picture Simon. I figured this was possible.

sigh, It would have been incredibly cool if Dish had thought of this and build the di-plexors into the DPP44 (DPP54) and Separator.

It's amazing how many coaxs I've ended up pulling to my home theater (2x sat, VHF/SD OTA, UHF/HD OTA, return cable for remote TV). My buddy thought I was nuts when I dragged 5 coax cables (and I'm out of spares again -> could always pull the diplexors back out).

Yes, I could probably combine the OTA VHF and UHF, but it's two different antennas pointed in different directions so that gets tricky. Guess I'd need some frequency blockers.

Twas a lot simpler with Comcast.

Thanks neighbor!

they didn't build in the diplexers into the switch because D* thought of it first? Most (all?) D* multiswitches have an OTA input.

You're probably better off leaving the OTA feeds alone - but the remote TV backfeed is not a problem on a sat feed cable. :)

About DishPro Plus 44 Switch

Hi guys

Can someone help me with Dish Pro plus 44 switch. I just bought Superdish 121 and Dish Pro plus 44 switch and I hooked everything up the way it supports to be and I have dish 2700, 2800, and 3900 receivers with latest software (830), and I checked switch on each receivers I get this massage (Unknown switch and I get X in all box) so can you guys tell me what I am doing wrong. I couldn’t figure out how to install this Dish Pro Plus 44 Switch with my Legacy receivers so can you guys help me please.

nini0000 said:
Hi Davhol

i read page 10-12 in the Dpp44 installation guide and i did install the way guide tell you to do,but i still get Unknown switch and I get X in all box so can you please tell me is it something about software or what please help me.
thank you

Try rebooting the switch, the 44's actually have chip components to them. Simply unplug the power converter and wait 15 seconds. Then do all your switch checks.

ocnier said:
Try rebooting the switch, the 44's actually have chip components to them. Simply unplug the power converter and wait 15 seconds. Then do all your switch checks.

Hi Ocnier

i rebooted the switch but i get same massage (Unknown switch and I get X in all box) i even unplug switch more then 30 min but it's same thing. is it something wrong with software or i don't know. can you guys help me.

Hi

is anyone using Dish Pro + 44 switch with 2700, 2800, and 3900 receivers please let me know how you guys install this switch because i install this and i am geting this massage (Unknown switch and I get X in all box) so please let me know thank you

I've heard of this problem before, i cant remember for sure, but i think it may be that you have to have at least one dish pro receiver hooked to the switch.

farmsatguy said:
As an installer, I've gotta know what type of fittings you used when you cut the Radio Shack cable from 100' to 75'? Please tell me you didn't use those twist on connectors with DP equipment - if I had $10 everytime I rolled up to someones trouble call and relaced those fittings, I could retire for a year! I prefer PPC compression fittings (Gilberts are OK but sometimes won't test for "fire" when checking for a signal with a small tester).

Have you tried running one length of cable straight from the DPP44 to the receiver area (through a window maybe for testing purposes); hook in the separator then use your 2 two foot jumpers to the 921? 75'...100'...doesn't matter at this point. Is all the cable swept tested for 2150? It MUST be at this rating. Doing this will bypass (temporarilily) any other problems that may exist such as a bad ground block, a wall plate with a low rated barrel, bad cables, crappy fittings, etc... IF you do this and still have a problem then...well, I'm stumped too. I don't see it as being the receiver as you can put the separator a foot away from the 44 and it works!

i was thinking along the same lines myself, and have had luck when faced with mysteries irrational by being irrational myself. i would cut a foot off one of the cables, and 18 inches off the other, replace the fittings with DigiCon Green and retry. one really odd one i had to troubleshoot was fixed that way because the problem was standing wave or harmonics (no scope, but had to be one or the other) and differential lengths solved it immediately.

ocnier said:
You ALSO have to unplug the receivers on ports 2-4 to make sure ALL power is gone.
nini0000 said:
is anyone using Dish Pro + 44 switch with 2700, 2800, and 3900 receivers please let me know how you guys install this switch because i install this and i am geting this massage (Unknown switch and I get X in all box) so please let me know thank you
IIRC, you must have at least one DishPro receiver hooked up to the DPP44.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)