DishPro Quad Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mogold

Original poster
Nov 29, 2004
I think this will work, but I want to confirm with you guys. I have read quite a bit, but still want to make sure.

I have a DishPro Quad with 3 lines running from the LNB to my comm. closet. In the closet, each line is connected to a single reciever-301, 301, and 811, repectively.

I want to add another reciever (a 501 I had in the closet). I believe I have 2 options:
1. Run a 4th cable into the comm. closet from the LNB. (A challenge to fish intoa wall already packed with cables).
2. Disconnect the cables in the comm. closet from the receivers and insert a DP34 between ports 1 & 2 on the DishPro Quad and then reconnect the 301, 301, and 501 to the DP34 outputs (leaving the 811 directly connected to port 3 on the DishPro Quad.

So, my question is....can option 2 work? I'd rather not fight the fishtape for another cable run back to the LNB if I don't have to, especially if I can get the DP34 for $15-$30 on eBay.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

MonaG

"A "legacy" receiver (non-DishPro receivers, released before Dish301) can be connected to a DishPro DP34 Switch, when used with a DishPro Adapter. "

Will I need a DP Adapter on the DP34 in order to connect the 501PVR?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts