Status
Please reply by conversation.

cralt

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 1, 2005
Waterbury, CT
Sorry if this is a dumb Q....

But I was searching around in the forum here and saw that someone was using a SUPERDISH for Ku FTA..but he didnt say if it was DP or legacy.

Could a DP superdish be made to work with the Fortec LU rcvr i am looking to get? Maybe use a DP adapter or something...

I have one thats a little banged up and has a bumb DPtwin for the 110...I could fix'er up and get up and running for cheap now and save up for a real good dish and motor later (shipping is nuts on bigger ones)

goaliebob99 said:
A superdish will not work with FTA i have tryed it with no sucess.. For some reason the LNBF will only pick up echostar freaqs and not any other freq...

Yes it will work for FTA, as ;ong as you know how to edit your TP list.

NO it will not.... I have tryed in and out to get 123, G10 I think it is w/ a super dish.. It will not pick it up. The Superdish LNBF picks up those fss Frequancys and then changes it to a dbs freq that the reciver can reconise. (I think there is an Oscolator or something in the lnbf itself) That is why it will not work for any KU band. It will only work on Echo STar Sats and Frequancys.. Anything out of those ranges the lnbf thinks as noise and ignores it.. OH BTW I have no problems picking up the 123 location using a universal KU lnbf with that superdish. but with the superdish LNBF no dice... Yes you can change out the LNB and use the reflector.

A Dish Network LNBF is Circular Polarization, Most of the satellites we look at such as G10R are H/V polarization.

I you were to retofit a H/V LNBF to the dish you probably could pick up the stronger tranponders with a FTA receiver.

Wholeshoe

Wholeshoe, the 105/121 LNB on the superdish are linear.
I tried mine on FTA birds just before I cancelled, was more trouble than it was worth.

goaliebob99 said:
NO it will not.... I have tryed in and out to get 123, G10 I think it is w/ a super dish.. It will not pick it up.

YES it WILL.

However, its a Super-PITA to set it up, and get it working, but it definately WILL work.

You mention it wont work with any other frequencies, but Transponder 1 on AMC2 (105) is 11720, which just happens to be the same frequency as the Equity Broadcasting TP on G10R... it does not care what bird its on, its just an antenna.. the stacking that it does is what screws you up.

My fault there I didn't realize that there were Linear satellites. I stand corrected.

Wholeshoe

Sooo....if I hacked the DP LNBF out of there and weld in a holder for a universal Ku LNBF I /might/ get something? I brought up a superdish because its "what i have".

Have the space cash now to pick up the rcvr and I guess I could play with the SD untill I Could save up for a normal dish/motor.

the dish itself is a nice dish.. with is the arm a "D" shape or a rectangular shape? you may be able to purchase a premade 40mm LNB mount thats already at the focal point for that dish.. cant be any more than a few bucks for it.

goaliebob99 said:
A superdish will not work with FTA i have tryed it with no sucess.. For some reason the LNBF will only pick up echostar freaqs and not any other freq...

I catching AMC4 with 121LNB on my SuperDish

ultatryon said:
the dish itself is a nice dish.. with is the arm a "D" shape or a rectangular shape? you may be able to purchase a premade 40mm LNB mount thats already at the focal point for that dish.. cant be any more than a few bucks for it.

The arm is rectangular..the LNB's bolt to the TOP of the arm. Nothing like a dish 300 or a DTV dish.

nellfort said:
I catching AMC4 with 121LNB on my SuperDish

There are 2 types. DishPro superdishes and legacy superdishes. I would think legacy ones would "just work".. I was asking about the DP ones.

cralt said:
There are 2 types. DishPro superdishes and legacy superdishes. I would think legacy ones would "just work".. I was asking about the DP ones.

You are wrong. There Dishnetwork does not make and does not support "legacy superdishes"

Now yes you can use a standard ku dish with legacy switches in a legacy system, but it is not a "legacy superdish"

Prove me wrong.

Technically I built my own superdish for the wife, she wanted a few international channels on 121W and I had thought about getting the whole Dishnetwork superdish (199 because I used to be a subscriber), however upon my research found this site and determined that I could set this up with a FTA system and keep her happy. So I technically have a legacy superdish, as I am using an old out of the basement legacy DirectPC & LNBF from a friend.

Rick

RVD420 said:
You are wrong. There Dishnetwork does not make and does not support "legacy superdishes"

Now yes you can use a standard ku dish with legacy switches in a legacy system, but it is not a "legacy superdish"

Prove me wrong.

I have a 30" dish with an old ExpressVu LNB hooked to my Dish500 Legacy Twin with a SW21

If that ain't a Legacy superdish....I don't know what is :)

Yes, Dish won't support hillbilly superdishes...but that is what we are for :D

Rick in MD said:
Yup, Hillbilly superdishes.. That's what I'm talking about... :eek:

gotta love 'em :)

I have a partial Hillbilly Superdish that I worked with the other day

30" DirecPC that has a DBS LNB next to it but it doesnt work for 119.....I was able to rig it for 110/121 :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts