DISHProPlus capabilities

AntAltMike

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 28, 2005
I'm going to be installing a 4 LNB Dish 1000+ in an MDU soon. This MDU has only one home run per unit. A customer would like to be able to independently use two DISH receivers.

I have read that DISHProPlus technology allows two tuners to share one coax by using agile band stacking, but I have also noticed that every product description of the DISHProPlus separator only mentions that it can be used to allow two tuners of a DVR to be fully supported by one coax but don't explicitly say it can support two tuners in two separate receivers.

Can it be used to support two separate, single input receivers or do the two receiver inputs have to be managed by the common processor in a single, two input receiver?

Yes, it HAS to be a dual tuner. Only the dual tuner receivers can use the higher frequency stacked signals.

Yes, it HAS to be a dual tuner. Only the dual tuner receivers can use the higher frequency stacked signals.
Not exactly, all DishPro devices use stacked frequencies, only the DPP dual tuner boxes have the ability to tell the DPPlus switch or LNB to stack different LNB's signals together. For example, if each tuner wanted a RH signal but from different LNBs, the DPP twin LNB would stack together the RH signals from LNB A and the RH signals from LNB B or any other combination. DishPro devices only stack the RH and LH signals from a specific LNB and the single tuner DP boxes don't send any RH/LH stacking commands.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)