Dish's Ergen considers bid for T-Mobile if Sprint deal fails

That is a different case, and that was not what Falcones stipulation. He said from purchasing their debt.

"Separately, in 2013, Dish Network offered $2.2 billion to buy LightSquared frequencies, though it later withdrew the offer, citing unspecified technical issues with the frequencies it had not previously known about."

Did you know about the shareholder lawsuit that Charlie and the board of directors is facing over the Light Squared deal. I dont know the status of this case but its a new case barely a year old.

But Harbinger and Falcone suspected Dish might try such a move, and Harbinger expressly forbade its debt being sold to the satellite TV company or its subsidiaries. Ergen claims his personal purchases of the debt didn’t violate those legal restrictions.

In other words they were not smart enough to also specify individuals, companies or funds that large percentage ownership in a satellite company.

In other words they were not smart enough to also specify individuals, companies or funds that large percentage ownership in a satellite company.
Except that he used a shadow company (Sound Point) that it wasn't apparent that it was associated with Ergen until after the debt was purchased.

T-Mobile: Iliad's offer "very inadequate"
Aug 13 2014, 18:37 ET | About: Iliad Akt (ILIAF)
Iliad's (OTC:ILIAF) $33/share offer to buy a 56.6% stake in T-Mobile USA (TMUS -1.6%) is "very flattering," but also "a very inadequate value proposition," says T-Mobile CFO Braxton Carter.
However, Carter, whose company just saw Sprint abandon its attempt to buy it (for now) due to FCC/DOJ opposition, suggests T-Mobile is open to a better offer. "I think rarely people come with their best bid to start."
For the time being, Iliad insists there's no need for a higher offer - T-Mobile currently trades at $29.14. But the French carrier has been reported to be reaching out to potential investors to sweeten its bid.
Dish Network (DISH +1%) is also viewed as a potential T-Mobile suitor. Dish is still trying to find a use for its spectrum assets, and Charlie Ergen has repeatedly suggested he's open to a T-Mobile merger. But there are doubts about Dish's ability to pull off a deal, given both Dish and T-Mobile have plenty of high-yield debt on their balance sheets. http://seekingalpha.com/news/1932635-t-mobile-iliads-offer-very-inadequate#email_link

And yet, he's a self made Billionaire.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App using an iPhone.
True he is ,but I don't necessarily think the way he became one , was the right way to do it. I was always taught that you need to treat everyone the way you would like to be treated ,because the same people you meet on the way up ,will be the same people you meet on the way down. In other words Karma is a real b*tch.:devilish