DISH’s Super Joey™ Now Available

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH’s Super Joey™ Now Available, Leading the Industry in Simultaneous Recording

Release Date:
Thursday, March 13, 2014 7:00 am MDT

Terms:
Products and Services
Dateline City: ENGLEWOOD, Colo.

• Award-winning Super Joey increases tuner capacity of the Hopper® Whole-Home HD DVR experience
  • Customers can now simultaneously record an industry-leading eight shows
  • Adds two network tuners to Hopper’s three tuners
  • Available to current and new customers

ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--DISH (NASDAQ: DISH) announced that an add-on to the award-winning Hopper® Whole-Home HD DVR platform is available today, increasing the tuner capacity of the Hopper experience. DISH’s Super Joey™ adds two network tuners to the Hopper’s three native tuners, allowing a household to record up to eight shows simultaneously. Thiscanvirtually eliminate channel conflicts for DISH Hopper customers.

“We know TV viewers have searched for years for a solution to alleviate conflict over what to watch, and with Super Joey, customers no longer have to choose one program over another,” said Vivek Khemka, DISH senior vice president of product management. “Combined with Hopper’s 2,000 hours of storage, Super Joey makes it even easier for customers to enjoy more of the shows they love without having to negotiate what’s recorded with other viewers in the house.”

Super Joey was first introduced at the 2014 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) earlier this year, where it was awarded the CES 2014 “Editors’ Choice” award from Reviewed.com. During the event, DISH also unveiled a troop of other Joey products designed to extend the reach of the Hopper experience, including the Wireless Joey and Virtual Joey.

The combined Hopper and Super Joey tuners gives DISH customers the power to watch and/or record shows from any four channels in addition to the shows on the four major broadcast networks or five shows from any channels of their choice. Super Joey is powered by a 1305 MHz, 3000 DMIPS Broadcom BCM7346 processor, features remote finder functionality, and supports MoCA and Ethernet connectivity.

Don't forget there is a Retailer Chat today Scott. I'm sure they will talk about the release of the Super Joey today and hopeful find out some details about the Disney deal.

I just finished the online order for my SJ instal, I am scheduled to be installed Saturday morning. I am getting a HWS, SJ, and J for 3 HD tvs. There was no extra equipment charge to get the SJ. I will post back my thoughts on it after the instal.

I also went with the $30 off for a year instead of the I pad2 because you can buy an Ipad 2 for less than $360 and I really want a higher end Ipad.

Scott I also used one of your Refer a friend codes and it got me $50 off so thanks :).

Would love to have one! But not to replace one my hoppers, wish it would work to replace my Joey. I would love a two Hopper, one super a Joey set up!

Last edited:
Is there any word yet on upgrading existing Joeys to the Super Joey?

I have a 1 hopper (original) 2 Joey set up. I am out of contract and would love to upgrade to the SJ.

From closed thread:

Ok, so this is how it pans out.
I'm a newer customer since late last year.
Autopay, never missed a bill, Top 250, HBO, BB

They want $100 to upgrade, new 24 month commitment and $95 install or add DPP and pay $15.

Bad move Dish.

Actually its easier with chat as its real time and since Dirt cant do anything that's different from chat..

Last edited:
Hundreds here will say differently about DIRT, me among them. You just became a new customer with deep discounts.

Hundreds here will say differently about DIRT, me among them. You just became a new customer with deep discounts.

Yes, I do have $30 off a month for the first year, but can easily go down to the lowest pack afterward, go all 211's with EHD's and become a thorn on Dish's side for a very long time :D

I'm a newer customer since late last year.
Autopay, never missed a bill, Top 250, HBO, BB

They want $100 to upgrade, new 24 month commitment and $95 install or add DPP and pay $15.
So you've been a customer for just a few months and you figure they owe you? It costs DISH around $866 to acquire a new customer and they figure it takes at least 24 months of being a customer "in good standing" to break even. It isn't that extraordinary to expect that your bill is paid in full and on time and if you're on autopay, it is more or less assured. Those are the terms that they made the deal available to you in the first place.

So you're not blindsided again in the future, reduced price upgrades and other gifts typically don't make an appearance until after the initial programming commitment.

The Solid Signal price and self install is a better deal. Hope this helps.
Solid Signal doesn't appear to be advertising the Super Joey. They want $96.99 for the Joey (shipping included) so I can imagine why the Super Joey would be cheaper than $100.

I'd be a little surprised if self-installation is even an option at this point.

How did you figure buying from a third party was going to be cheaper?

I would be adding, not replacing a Joey, and would be paying an additional 10 dollars a month. Also the cost to upgrade/add a Joey would be the same as a 2nd Hopper, just differences in lease fees.

Not looking for charity. If one knows how to install, better to purchase in my case.

From closed thread: Ok, so this is how it pans out. I'm a newer customer since late last year. Autopay, never missed a bill, Top 250, HBO, BB They want $100 to upgrade, new 24 month commitment and $95 install or add DPP and pay $15. Bad move Dish. Actually its easier with chat as its real time and since Dirt cant do anything that's different from chat..

I disagree.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

If one knows how to install, better to purchase in my case.
If the Super Joey were a drop-in replacement for the Joey, self-installation might be an option. As it is, at least a third run from the dish is required. If you purchased from the third party that is advertising the Super Joey, you'd be out $149 plus the cable run from the dish. For another $46 (that includes the third run to the dish) you could have it installed with an warranty on the installation. You would be hard pressed to justify it financially unless you're time is effectively worthless. I'd bet it is at worst a break-even if you could run and terminate the cable to the dish in 20 minutes.

... Scott I also used one of your Refer a friend codes and it got me $50 off so thanks :).

PM him and let him know WHICH code you used so he can replace that number in his signature. Please.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)