DISH’s Super Joey™ Now Available

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Thanks to Zach, my SJ is scheduled to be installed on Tuesday morning, along a new HWS to replace my original Hopper! :D

Forgive me for being naive,but I thought that a regular Joey was a regular Joey,versus the soon to be released Wireless Joey. No matter when it was manufactured,I thought it would have the same specs & speed.

They announced @ CES that there were also upgrading the hardware in the regular Joey for improved performance.

Last edited:
If the Super Joey were a drop-in replacement for the Joey, self-installation might be an option. As it is, at least a third run from the dish is required. If you purchased from the third party that is advertising the Super Joey, you'd be out $149 plus the cable run from the dish. For another $46 (that includes the third run to the dish) you could have it installed with an warranty on the installation. You would be hard pressed to justify it financially unless you're time is effectively worthless. I'd bet it is at worst a break-even if you could run and terminate the cable to the dish in 20 minutes.

Not all installers are as good as you, I can do a better job than most.
Solid Signal has it for 129 + shipping by the way.
The benefit of owning vs leasing only when needed goes away because each time you will loose two tuners.
Must say Dish has a good way of getting your cash either way, good for them.

Yep. You either need it or not. No point in owning if you plan to deactivate and reactivate.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I got SJ for $0 but have to pay $15 for them to come out and they will be here Saturday between 12-5pm and not a bad deal!! :)

Ok, went back to chat since Dirt cant do ant better than Dish Reps for me. Install is tomorrow morning, no install fee with protection plan, DPP44 switch included no extra charge. Came out cheaper than owning since I would have to buy my own DPP44.

The other alternative was Solid Signal ~ $135 and DPP44 ~ $65.

The dish chat reps are pretty good.

Pretty sure I will have to re install to my liking after the installer leaves.

I'm getting the Super Joey on Sunday just swapping the old Joey for the Super Joey for free install.

Chris

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I'm getting the Super Joey on Sunday just swapping the old Joey for the Super Joey for free install.

Chris

Ditto here. Free install and renew my 24 month commit, but had to add the PP for 4 months. So 28 bucks plus $3 more per month long term to add two tuners.

My wife HATES having to pick a different tuner by pressing the red button. Hopefully, she will never have to press it again. :D

Me too. I had to add the PP for 4 months also. And 3 dollars more for the SJ.

Kind of confused with the super joey setup........

if I have 1 hopper, 1 super joey & 2 joeys connected

how many tuners will each tv be able to use?
Hopper is three tuners and the Super Joey feeds two more tuners to that Hopper. So, 5 tuners to view at all locations.

You will have 5 tuners, but if PTAT is turned on, one of those tuners can view the 4 major networks any time. They just automatically record all 4 during prime time unless you set up limitations on some channels.

I currently have 2 hoppers, 1 joey and would like to swap out 1 of the hoppers for the SJ (So I would end up with 1 hopper, 1 SJ and 1 J). Does anyone know would I be able to do that without a tech visit? Seems like it should just be an easy swap I would think?

I currently have 2 hoppers, 1 joey and would like to swap out 1 of the hoppers for the SJ (So I would end up with 1 hopper, 1 SJ and 1 J). Does anyone know would I be able to do that without a tech visit? Seems like it should just be an easy swap I would think?

You would probably have to purchase the Joey elsewhere, as I'm pretty sure Dish is requiring the tech visit/install. As for the install itself...depends on your definition of "easy" in terms of running wires to your Dish and potentially reworking nodes, etc. You won't be able to just unplug a regular Joey and plug a Super Joey into its place. In some other threads, there are some wiring diagrams posted.

Oh...and:

:welcome to SatelliteGuys! :)

No, I'm wanting to swap out 1 of my hoppers for a SJ. So I would just change the room that currently has a hopper, to have a SJ. I would think it would it would have the same wiring/switch config as the hopper it would be replacing?

No, I'm wanting to swap out 1 of my hoppers for a SJ. So I would just change the room that currently has a hopper, to have a SJ. I would think it would it would have the same wiring/switch config as the hopper it would be replacing?

Sorry...I misread, but like Bobby said, the wiring issues would still be a problem. The actual wiring diagrams I mentioned are in the following post, if you want to take a look:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/331178-Super-Joey-Specs?p=3387927#post3387927

It would not be the same wiring, not necessarily a simple swap....
Khemka said at CES SJ would work off the duo node host port. It should be a straight swap, but we won't know for sure until someone tries.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)