Dish's Window to Sell Spectrum Has Closed, Analyst Says

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The only reason why Dish was so successful in the early days was due to their 20,000 independent retailers pushing their product with the lies of getting lifetime residuals on every customer we signed up.

What really happened was the retailers are the ones who initially jump started Dish Network and was responsible for the tremendous growth in sales from 1996 to around 2002.

Once Dish got big enough, they put in place their own direct sales channel, and the retailers where slowly pushed aside for the next 10-16 years.

When Directv launched, it was all about being in the big box stores like Rat Shack, Worst Buy, Wally World and Circus City. There really wasn’t such a thing as being an independent dealer.

I was actually a Directv dealer around 2001/2003. The money was so good with Dish, and we where far up Charlie’s A$$ I ended up letting my Directv dealership go until becoming a dealer again in 2010.

Funny thing is that today Directv is dealer friendly and Dish is so difficult to deal with many dealers don’t want to sell their product anymore.

The only reason why Dish was so successful in the early days was due to their 20,000 independent retailers pushing their product with the lies of getting lifetime residuals on every customer we signed up.

What really happened was the retailers are the ones who initially jump started Dish Network and was responsible for the tremendous growth in sales from 1996 to around 2002.

Once Dish got big enough, they put in place their own direct sales channel, and the retailers where slowly pushed aside for the next 10-16 years.

When Directv launched, it was all about being in the big box stores like Rat Shack, Worst Buy, Wally World and Circus City. There really wasn’t such a thing as being an independent dealer.
Well, Dish's success certainly wasn't due to their advertising in those days. Before Dish equipment became available at the store I happened to work for (Meijer) I didn't even know what channels Dish carried, or even if Dish was still in business after I saw one of their TV commercials years before then. (I would have come up with a cute derogatory nickname for the store, like you did, but then nobody would know which store I was talking about.) Fortunately, the store had the Dish equipment hooked up so I could actually see all of the channels in the guide, which at the time included many channels that I was not able to get with Directv. If it hadn't been for Dish's presence in my "big box store" I might never have switched to Dish. This was in 1999.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I got DISH in 97 after an rare Ice storm hit and crapped out my Primestar sat receiver. The independent dealer showed up to replace it with a new receiver and he told me about DISH. So I went to Beaumont to try out the sat receiver at the dealership and talk about the programming options , how much, etc. I ended up getting DISH on 1/18/97 and have been with them every since.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I got Dish around December 1997. I remember working with our cell distributor selling the product.

When they refused to pay me for a few sales, I signed up with Skywalker (a dish distributor) in June 1998.

Was a dealer through January 2012

Been flipping customers to Directv since.

Another dish customer bit the dust today :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts