dishstandsbyyou gives you a great credit for fox dispute

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yes, but other providers are charging just as much if not more for their equipment and yet their programming is more expensive as well. How is it that Dish is still able to have almost the same programming and better equipment yet keep their fees cheaper than the competition? I'm not saying that it's solely because of disputes but I can't help but think it has something to do with it. Another part of it is because Dish isn't willing to pay for the Sunday Ticket and full time RSNs.

of course it is; same way one would assume dtv is more expensive because of sports. no one knows for sure- only the company bean counters.

damn, look how much cable companies charge for their horrible equipment.

You too are wrong, why not go to the Direct Site and pick one DVR in one room and do it with DISH instead of generalizing. Then pick two, then pick three. Did you know Direct now charges for the first receiver and DISH does not, just as starters? The DISH DVR fee is less?
And then you guys have the nerve to compare a choice charge of Midnight Lounge with a forced $3 charge in the areas imposed? Geeze.

Directv charges new customers $15/month for dvr and hd service, but now charges $6 (going to $6.50)/month for all receivers, no freebie on the first one. I think the dvr fee from Directv is cheaper, yes?

Another part of it is because Dish isn't willing to pay for the Sunday Ticket and full time RSNs.
Sunday Ticket is no doubt the biggest reason for the price disparity. I'll hazard a guess that Dish pays roughly the same to the content providers for the same channel bundles. And, if one does pay less per channel/bundle, it's probably DirecTV due to leveraging their much larger viewership.

still waiting for some to actually provide some proof that dish "holding the line" has kept prices low.

been with dish for almost 10 YEARS. maybe others can stop assuming thing.
Actually, a number of posters already have. Granted, in some cases for comparable setups, it's pretty minimal. But, it is still there. Plus, Dish offers low-priced basic packages that DircTV just doesn't have anything comparable to. Just having those low-priced packages is due to negotiations with content providers to allow inclusion in such packages.

I realize you have a strong opinion on this subject. But, you can't keep saying that nobody is offering proof when many have already done so, just because that proof doesn't support your opinion. It's no wonder you are so upset about the missing channels in this dispute.

Reactions: dare2be and Tampa8
Directv charges new customers $15/month for dvr and hd service, but now charges $6 (going to $6.50)/month for all receivers, no freebie on the first one. I think the dvr fee from Directv is cheaper, yes?
No. Hopper/DVR fee is $12.00. A Genie and one mini would cost 28.00 a month. Hopper and one Joey, $19.00.

No Direct is more, DISH is $7 for VIP receivers, and as posted by Kab above for Hopper.

The other thing to consider that that most carriers have a clause in their contracts with program providers that say they get the same price as the lowest price a competitor gets. This means if Dish fights for a price concession on a channel, or bundle of channels and wins, those savings get passed on to everyone thereby helping hold price increases down for every carrier. But as mentioned by Gary, some of these tough negotiations have more to do with ancillary items such as internet streaming, which packages the channels are to be on, guaranteed minimums, etc.

Reactions: ChadT41
No. Hopper/DVR fee is $12.00. A Genie and one mini would cost 28.00 a month. Hopper and one Joey, $19.00.
What about additional or different model dvrs? Are they all priced the same?

Plus on pick 2 with HBO is 3$ more
Plus a sports fee
Plus more on base pack of 3-5$
( question: what is going to be difference *AFTER price increases of ultimate vs 250 for instance??)
Plus no real or full "anywhere"
A HD extra pack w/o substance
And a sports leader with no pac12 for the western sector of CX.
Sooo to defend the other guys concerning price??? How??

I still stand by if your not a displaced NFL fan.. D is flat out for fools in my opinion.
=Like a diamond without GIA certs. Maybe pretty but sure is not the best and with many flaws ( fools gold)

AFTER 1st receiver. $7-$17 for VIP series. $12.00 for additional Hopper, $10 for Super Joey, $7.00 for Joey.

There's a huge advantage for Directv then on extra equipment. DVR and hd fees are per account, but you pay $6.50/month per box (of any kind).

Plus on pick 2 with HBO is 3$ more
Plus a sports fee
Plus more on base pack of 3-5$
( question: what is going to be difference *AFTER price increases of ultimate vs 250 for instance??)
Plus no real or full "anywhere"
A HD extra pack w/o substance
And a sports leader with no pac12 for the western sector of CX.
Sooo to defend the other guys concerning price??? How??

I still stand by if your not a displaced NFL fan.. D is flat out for fools in my opinion.
=Like a diamond without GIA certs. Maybe pretty but sure is not the best and with many flaws ( fools gold)

DirecTV has always had the reputation for the leader is sports but I just don't see the huge advantage anymore. I get all the sports I need with Dish and pay less. I suppose it makes a huge difference on where you live though. I know people in NY are missing their RSNs with Dish.

Reactions: ChadT41
I'm a displaced NFL fan, but I get the locals I need with Dish to watch basically every locally/regionally televised game. It is one of the major factors keeping me with Dish. :)

There's a huge advantage for Directv then on extra equipment. DVR and hd fees are per account, but you pay $6.50/month per box (of any kind).
On outdated EQ?
Ive got every ird ever made by them including the original Hughes TiVo.
(Only one ever worth a ____ was that Hughes TiVo and that's from when USSB and D both came from 101.)
So compare Genie plus mini(s) vs hoppA & the standard joey which is what is pushed and/or offered per the sales teams or the sites.
Fools gold like I said and no logical person can make any argument using numbers on this site or else where.
And HD??
We don't pay for HD.(????)
simple math

Only if you serve more than three rooms, Genie/Hoppers.
Older DVRS, three rooms, one HR 24 each=$33.50. Three Dish 612's (comparable to HR 24)= $31.00
More than three, yes, but not HUGE.
Remember, first Dish receiver is free.

So depending upon your particular setup, the equipment prices aren't very far apart, and the programming is somewhat more expensive on Directv. And doesn't it come down to programming, really? As a Yankee fan (or any NY professional team for that matter), I can't pick Dish since they don't offer any NYC rsns. You would think a potential of millions of subscribers would be worth it to Charlie. I would consider switching.

Back to the dispute. I was just at Foxnews.com and one of the ads was for Dishnetwork, TV and Internet for 35/month.

I thought that was funny. I figured that Fox would keep those ads from coming up some how.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)