Disney does video downloads!

JoeSp

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 11, 2003
This one is for Diogen who supports internet VOD:

Disney takes big plunge into online video - Los Angeles Times

Seems that Disney is indeed moving ahead with these short stories for internet download. While not in HD this is the step I expect most will take till speeds are fast enough to support reasonable download times in HD in the US.

This one is for Diogen who supports internet VOD:

Disney takes big plunge into online video - Los Angeles Times

Seems that Disney is indeed moving ahead with these short stories for internet download. While not in HD this is the step I expect most will take till speeds are fast enough to support reasonable download times in HD in the US.

Disney has been on 360 market place for awhile now.

The only hold out for content (at least new content) on Xbox live is *drum roll* Sony.

But I personally hate how the content expires. Until they can sell the entire title over live and not just rentals (movies this is, shows are yours once you buy them) I just don't see downloading as viable.

But then again, the studios are making a mint on Xbox live. so *shrug*

Isn't VUDU like going to the movies -- you just get to see the movie once and then if you want to watch again you have to pay again?

I'd be all in on XBOX live if it were a subbed service. Say...$29.99/month. To pay nearly $3.00 per show in HD is ludicrous. I was looking at NCIS and figured it would be much cheaper to purchase the DVD set for the season than to purchase individual downloads.

I'd be all in on XBOX live if it were a subbed service. Say...$29.99/month. To pay nearly $3.00 per show in HD is ludicrous. I was looking at NCIS and figured it would be much cheaper to purchase the DVD set for the season than to purchase individual downloads.

I would love subsrcription based model for XBL for their HD movies....i buy at least 3 a month

I could see Disney embracing VOD, etc. pretty hard. This is a former DIVX supporter.

What keeps DVD/Blu-ray viable is that (non-Warner) HD PPV/VOD has a one to two month waiting period from when the DVD is released. Moreover, it is usually only a month or two before the movie appears on premium channels. The other issue I have with PPV is that the movies are rarely OAR. They are usually foolscreen or open matte.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts