Disney drops 2.4 million streaming subs

Do you really? Don't you really just want to pay for the shows you watch and enjoy?
Ideally yes :) , but I've run those numbers. Unless I wait until everything comes out on physical media and then goes on sale a couple months later, it is a lot more expensive. That said, YTTV, Disney+/Hulu, Paramount+, Peacock, and Netflix (HD) cost me less per month than my parents pay to Spectrum for standard service with 2 DVRs. Seems pretty consumer-friendly in comparison.

Ideally yes :) , but I've run those numbers. Unless I wait until everything comes out on physical media and then goes on sale a couple months later, it is a lot more expensive. That said, YTTV, Disney+/Hulu, Paramount+, Peacock, and Netflix (HD) cost me less per month than my parents pay to Spectrum for standard service with 2 DVRs. Seems pretty consumer-friendly in comparison.
For now

Reactions: SamCdbs and ncted
Once again more hot air from our know it all. I don't know how you have time to watch tv with all the posting you do on a daily basis. Hopefully your ISP never goes down or you will go into posting withdrawal!.
1A80CE1D-E9E2-49D4-8E19-1FA770BA7A08.jpeg

Reactions: Mr Tony
Why is For Now a defense against Cord Savings?

You are correct, most are saving money For Now by dropping Traditional Providers for something better.

No one knows what the future will be like, when I left Comcast in 2003, no one thought things would be like it is today.

Only you and Sam would keep posting that saving money on TV Programming is a bad thing.

Why is For Now a defense against Cord Savings?

You are correct, most are saving money For Now by dropping Traditional Providers for something better.

No one knows what the future will be like, when I left Comcast in 2003, no one thought things would be like it is today.

Only you and Sam would keep posting that saving money on TV Programming is a bad thing.
How do you think streamers will become profitable...only one way..raise prices and cut costs

How do you think streamers will become profitable...only one way..raise prices and cut costs
Duh.

How are Traditional Providers and Channels going to stay profitable, raise prices and cut costs.

Except Broadcasters will keep increasing per sub channel fees, Providers will keep raising prices, subscribers will keep leaving them, with less eyes watching the channels, more and more programming will be on the streaming services then, Streaming Services then have more subscribers.

Sounds like what has been going on the last few years.

Duh.

How are Traditional Providers and Channels going to stay profitable, raise prices and cut costs.

Except Broadcasters will keep increasing per sub channel fees, Providers will keep raising prices, subscribers will keep leaving them, with less eyes watching the channels, more and more programming will be on the streaming services then, Streaming Services then have more subscribers.

Sounds like what has been going on the last few years.
News flash...many streamers are owned by broadcasters and GASP will raise prices eventually to match cable prices

News flash...many streamers are owned by broadcasters and GASP will raise prices eventually to match cable prices

Oh look, another Juan prediction. We know how those go.

YoutubeTV could double in price (news flash - it won't, at least not for a long, long time) and it would still be less most traditional providers would cost me, especially the satellite providers. It would have to triple to match the equivalent service from DirecTV... the fees alone are nearly a YoutubeTV sub themselves.

Yeah, sure. Streaming prices will probably increase over time. I'm going to make a controversial prediction here that cable and satellite prices will increase over time at the same rate or higher. Just a prediction though. Cable/Satellite prices could go down as well.

The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

Satellite’s days are numbered. A fairly large number from the consumer’s standpoint, but not that big in terms of corporate planning. That’s why DirecTV created DirecTV Stream and Dish created Sling. They are planning to deliver their services through streaming in the future.

I can see cable companies outsourcing content to the likes of DirecTV Stream or YTTV if video subscriber counts drop low enough. It’s a fairly high margin business, but it’s got its headaches in the form of carriage agreements, and you still need some subscribers to make money.

The fact that most streamers are distributing their own content removes the overhead of video distribution. That high margin that the cable company get can now go direct to the studio or to the consumer.

Anyone that doesn’t see streaming as the future, and a profitable one at that is missing the whole point. The road there is somewhat clouded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk