Disney Networks Dispute Recitifed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
$1 billion annually breaks down to about $83 million per month. Divide that by the 14 million customers Dish had last quarter and you’re looking at a $5.95/month increase. That’s about what Dish increases prices to every year anyway.

But that not taking into account the other channels they renewed over the year which I am sure also had some kind of increase.

Remember Dish renews a few hundred channels a year. We never hear about these renewals. The only time we do is when there is a dispute like this and no matter the channel removed it was someone’s favorite channel.

I woke up early to see if they were back for the F1 race. I just bought a new LG OLED and it came with a month of Fubo. Signed up and watched the race. So, I'm good for a month, if they're not back by then I think I'll give YouTube TV a try. The only things I care about on ESPN are college football and F1. The timing of this couldn't have been worse for me.

I woke up early to see if they were back for the F1 race. I just bought a new LG OLED and it came with a month of Fubo. Signed up and watched the race. So, I'm good for a month, if they're not back by then I think I'll give YouTube TV a try. The only things I care about on ESPN are college football and F1. The timing of this couldn't have been worse for me.
Does YouTube have the F-1 races?

Err I did not know disney owned FX/X and Natgeo channels... at first was like what does diseny have to do with those channel but yah.... my dad on other hand will have sh*t fit over ESPN and Deportes soon as he notices that though and again what disney have to do with espn

After an hour on the phone, then another hour waiting for the mydish support chat queue, I find out that losing ESPN channels / Disney channels / local ABC for an unknown period of time is worth $5. At least the chat rep let me know that they are hoping to have the channels back by the end of the month. :oops:

At least this gave me an opportunity to drop about $25/mo. in programming.
As if the rep had ANY idea what was going on with the negotiations. I won't wait that long, I'll be gone by Friday. It does amaze me that the $5 "bonus" is all they'll pay. I still say that's an insult.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I'm just going off bits and pieces I've heard about the impasse. I am not directly evolved with the contract negotiations. My WAG is just as valid as anyone's I suppose.
I *HIGHLY* suggest not just going off things you've heard unless you're hearing it from a Dish or Disney representative. The recording currently playing on ESPN (put out by Dish) DOES reference $1B. I don't remember if they said an ADDITIONAL $1B (if not, that changes the math also), but I'm pretty sure they did not say "each year". Therefore I think it's likely it's over the term of the contract. *IF* Disney is looking for $1B/year, Dish would be screaming that from the rooftops (because it puts Disney in a bad light).

So, on Dish there is the screen that says "Our contract with Disney has expired. Contact Disney. Call 8185601000."
When I call that number that Dish is giving their customers, a recording says to press 1 if you are a Dish customer. So I press 1. A recording gives a spiel for their case, and says they will transfer you to Dish customer service.
HA! Funny. And sad. I bet other ESPN providers are getting a lot of Trial customers! I might be one of them.

Attachments

• IMG_4405.jpeg
    IMG_4405.jpeg
    273.5 KB · Views: 132
The main reason I’ve stayed with Dish for some many years is the DVR. I watch a LOT of tv and the Hopper has been awesome. Plus I’ve been with them for so long I have all the channel numbers memorized that I watch. And I can maneuver the remote without ever looking at it.

But I invested in a good quality 4K tv this year and I’m really liking the picture quality of the streaming services. My only concern with the streaming services is the DVR. I realize YTTV has unlimited DVR. But I’m not sure I like the fact that shows expire after 9 months. Most shows I record are watched within a week or two. But I like being able to keep any particular show I want on the DVR for as long as I want to. So I guess I have some deciding to do.
I agree. We have several programs recorded that are over 9 months old. Having a local DVR is a plus, especially the Hopper 3. I think it is probably the best DVR on the market.

It’s all about choice. Dish has made the choice to eliminate one of the only things I watch on TV. College football and Monday night football. I pay $130 a month with a huge chunk of it wrapped up in equipment and fees.
So... how did Dish CHOOSE to eliminate your channels? By refusing to pay what they feel is an unreasonable fee increase? Yes, and how would you like them to pass that $3, $5 or $10 increase directly on to you. It was Disney that pulled the plug. It was Disney that refused to extend the contract while talks continued. Dish was willing to continue carriage until a settlement was reached. DISNEY pulled the plug!

So... how did Dish CHOOSE to eliminate your channels? By refusing to pay what they feel is an unreasonable fee increase? Yes, and how would you like them to pass that $3, $5 or $10 increase directly on to you. It was Disney that pulled the plug. It was Disney that refused to extend the contract while talks continued. Dish was willing to continue carriage until a settlement was reached. DISNEY pulled the plug!

Yes. I’d be willing to pay for channels I want to watch. Maybe I’d also be willing to not pay for channels I don’t watch.

Dish did NOT make that choice, Disney did. Get a clue.

Jesus Christ. Who pissed in your Wheaties? You’re acting like people are insulting your mom. I have plenty of clues. I know how this sh*t works. I also know there are ways to make this work. You know what is poor business practices? Zero mention of this possibility while also soliciting customers for 2 year price locks days/weeks before some of the most watched channels are quietly removed in the middle of the night. While enforcing the “programming subject to change” Bullsh!t to bend over the people you locked up.

Jesus Christ. Who pissed in your Wheaties? You’re acting like people are insulting your mom. I have plenty of clues. I know how this sh*t works. I also know there are ways to make this work. You know what is poor business practices? Zero mention of this possibility while also soliciting customers for 2 year price locks days/weeks before some of the most watched channels are quietly removed in the middle of the night. While enforcing the “programming subject to change” Bullsh!t to bend over the people you locked up.

I'm sure both parties are under a gag order and unable to publicly discuss negotiations.

So quit Dish. I'm sure they'll be shattered

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Latest posts